We Aren't So Different

You awoke again, and thankfully that demon, or whatever it was, was gone. But it was still dark in your room. And faintly, you swear you could hear yelling from next door. Was that Kira? He sounded angry at someone.

But you couldn't hear what he was even saying, it was just muffled words. But it seemed like someone was in trouble, which was weird, because from what you recalled he was the only one that lived there.

This was when you realized something was wrong with him. Maybe your initial thoughts about him before you became his lover was true. He somehow hid the body earlier. And even covered for you and put you first. It was sweet and all how he supported you, but it felt so so wrong... And he acted so casual about it.

Just as you were doubting him, your bedroom door opens, and it just filled you with the most immense fear you could imagine. You ponder for a while, wondering how to feel. You were so distracted with these thoughts that you didn't even notice the yelling ceased and that he was in your house.

It was him. But you were still scared. "I hope you don't mind me coming in without permission." He states, closing the door behind him and walking to you. "And I may have also done other things without your permission. I called you in sick at work. You'll be taking a sick leave for about three days. Hopefully that's enough for you." He gently caresses your face while speaking softly.

"You didn't need to do tha-" "Oh. But I did. I can't let what happened plague your thoughts and get you fired could I?" He lifts your chin up, making you look into his face. "I wouldn't see your lovely face at work anymore." His voice is honeyed, he was trying to come across as someone to be trustedz but you didn't know anymore.

He wasn't usually this upfront. There was something oddly seductive about him, but evil. You take a hold of his wrists gently, pulling his hand off of your face. "Yoshikage. What's going on?" You question, concerned.

"Hm? Whatever do you mean?"

"Ever since yesterday. You've been weird." He seemed disgusted at your words. He pulls his hand back, and grabs your wrist instead, but harshly. "What makes you say that?"

He was strong, and your wrist started hurting from the very force of his grip. "Kira, you're hurting me!" You warn him, but he didn't cease his actions.

"You need to watch what you say. It's not nice to call someone weird. Especially when they've done nothing but care for you." He was almost seething at your words, there was something in his expression that practically screamed 'how dare you!?'

Suddenly, he felt a pressure in his chest. Right where his heart was at. And it was starting to hurt. He let go, and the pain stopped. "That's what I'm talking about! You're- all grabbing me like I'm some thing! And- You've hid Tatsuos body somehow! I don't know what you did. But as far as I know we're both murderers for that incident yesterday!"

Oh poor Y/N didn't know. You didn't know about the true Yoshikage Kira. It was laughable how he's managed to hide such a blatant secret from you until now.

"You're right. But what could we do? There's no evidence. And we don't know if you truly killed him or not." He gently holds your shoulder and lays you back down slowly. "You need to relax dear. After all, you seem very stressed. It's not good for you."

You just simply let him. "I'll get back to my house now. Call if you need anything." He goes to leave, but you grab his hand. "Wait!" He looks back to you. "Could you stay?"

He's silent for a moment. And then he nods. "Alright. Just for a little." He lies next to you, holding you in his arms and him in yours. He was so warm, it was comforting. Just being next to him was like a stress reliever.