11. Umbridge pt 2

Start from the beginning

"Oh I'm home schooled." I lie. "My parents didn't believe Hogwarts was safe, and they still don't, but I convinced them."

She nods. "That's cool! How've you been adjusting? If you need any help, I'm always here. I need more female friends, these two are annoying."

"Hey!" Potter and Weasley exclaim at the same time.

I laugh lightly. "I'm doing fine but I'll take you up on the offer of being friends. I'd like more friends but I'm not quite as social as I'd like to be."

"Oh yeah, I totally get that!"

"Anyways." Weasley jumps in. "Umbridge is coming again today."

Anticipation fills my stomach. "I remember."

"I hope she asks Ms. Forrest more." Potter chimes in.

"How come?" I question, tilting my head.

"The fact that she knew Bellatrix interests me."

I fight back a smirk. "I suppose it is somewhat concerning. What do you find interesting about it?"

"Well the way she acts, I would've thought, if anything, the two of them would be friends."

"I don't follow."

"Professor Forrest is a bit...Harsh." Granger adds in. "She's got terrifying techniques and her detentions are..." She shivers. "Painful."

"Painful? She tortures you?!" I make my tone surprised, and slightly concerned, although I remember that day quite well.

"Erm-well yeah."

"Why don't you report it?!"

"She scares us. All three of us. The entire class, actually."

"I can see why."

"She went on leave once, and it was terrifying because there were these random images of eyes that would pop up in the classroom. Turns out, she spelled the class to let her see when we did something wrong. I fear she'd do the same if we got her fired, maybe even something worse."

"That's horrid!" That's amazing

"I know!"

"So their relationship interests you?"

"Yes and perhaps the questions will help us learn more about Bellatrix. She is Voldemort's right hand woman, I think learning about her will be beneficial."

I dig my nails into my palms to not reply something that will blow my cover, although I am so tempted to yell at them for using his name. "Ah." I reply simply. "That makes sense."

Suddenly, the door swings open, and everyone begins walking in, the golden trio still talking with me as we sit down.

Severus notices and gives me a 'Don't do anything stupid' look, while Crystal gives me an approving glance, making me swell with pride.

I should not be proud because my enemy approves of my actions.

I can't help it!

"Alright class, as you know, Umbitch-"

"Crystal." Severus interrupts her in a warning tone.

She rolls her eyes. "Umbridge is coming to watch again so...behave? I guess? I don't care."

"Today's lesson-" Severus starts.

"HeM hEm." A voice interrupts, and I immediately roll my eyes. "I have arrived."

"No one cares." Crystal groans, motioning for Severus to continue.

"Our lesson today is-"

"Actually." The pink woman interrupts. "I'd like to ask Crys-"