11. Umbridge pt 2

~Tuesday, September 27~

"Leave me aloneee!" Crystal whines as I trail behind her.

"Why did you pin her against that wall?"
"I was mad, ok? Geez, no need to be so possessive."

"You called her honey."
"I call everyone honey."

"You called her darling!"
"Again, I call everyone that."
"Those are my nicknames!" I pout, moving in front of her, blocking her way to the kitchen.

"Nothing I say is ever designated to you."
"Well it should be! You call me darling." I pout.
Crystal smirks. "Y'know, if you like me, you could just say that."
I scoff, rolling my eyes. "As if. I just don't appreciate not being your number one enemy."
"Ugh come on Lestrange."
"That's another thing! She called me Lestrange, you corrected her."

"Mhm." She mumbles, grabbing an apple before heading to the door since we already ate breakfast.

I'm already disguised as a third year student so I follow her out of the dorm. "Why?"

"Umbridge gets on my nerves. I like correcting her. That's all."
"But legally, my name is Lestrange. You wouldn't be correcting her, you'd be defending my name."
"You sound like her."
"Good, maybe you'll start to hate me the way you used to!"
"Ah, is that what this is? You miss our fights?"

"Yes! What happened to that?! Now we're just rude to each other. I miss breaking your bones."
We walk into class, Severus, as always, standing at his desk.

"We'll get back to that as soon as you're done with this stupid mission. Can't break your bones until you have nothing to do."
"But it's so boring now." I groan. "And you seem more...calm. It's unnerving and I don't like it."
"I agree with her." Severus jumps in.

"Both of you can fuck off. I'm always calm."
"No you're not." I say.

"Not around Bellatrix." Severus adds.

"Well I've been sharing a room with her for a week or so, of course I'm trying to be calm."

"It's still unnerving." I speak, sitting at a table.

"What? Would you prefer me to start throwing a table at you or something?" She muses sarcastically.

"I mean, sure. Be more violent or something! It's so boring now. I knew I was going to hate staying with you, but I thought it would be more...fun." I pout, watching as Crystal rolls her eyes and Severus smirks. "Something funny, Severus?"

"Nope."

"Well I'm a teacher, and I have no energy after dealing with kids all day." Crystal jumps back in.

"You have energy to run."

"That's different than dealing with you. Now shut up, class is starting in a minute."

~Time skip to Thursday, September 29~

Jumping in excitement, I skip to the potions classroom, seeing as Crystal left me alone this morning, not bothering to walk me to class since she knows I'm going to question about Umbridge. I stand by the door with a bunch of fifth years, waiting by the doors to open.

The golden trio walks up to me.

"Casey Davenport, right?" Potter questions.

I nod, smiling fakely at them. "Correct. I'd ask your names but all three of you are pretty famous."

Granger laughs while the other two smile. "Yeah, so where did you transfer from? Your accent makes it seem like you're from around here but I'm not familiar with any schools that close."