3. Daily routine

-Bellatrix's perspective-

I genuinely hate that woman. I now no longer have my favorite knife. It's stupid that the knife she gave me is my favorite, but honestly, it's the sharpest, most efficient knife I own. It never dulls because there's a spell to resharpen it every time it dulls even slightly, it's very light and very easy to carry around, the designs are pretty, and all in all, it's gotten me through some tough times. I've thrown it at almost everything possible, and the fact that it hasn't broken makes it one of my most valuable possessions, even though Crystal gave it to me. I hate her with every cell I have, but I still do love that knife.

-Crystal-

I lean back in the chair and put my feet on the desk, my hands behind my head as I rest back while Severus gets the lesson plans ready.
"Your skirt is hitched up."
"I know." I say, flattening it back down. The skirt only goes right above my knees so it easily falls when I'm in a position such as this.

"Your knife is showing."
"I know."
"Your-"
"Mind your own business, Severus, I know what I'm doing."
"And what are you doing?"
"Relaxing."
"Crystal. We're about to have the first class of the day. It's Monday, we've got all years today except fourth. Most of them are growing, horny teenagers and sit in this class for an hour." (I think that's how the schedule goes. I googled it but I'm not sure if it's correct but whatever-)

"And?"

"And they're going to be staring up your skirt."
"I'm wearing shorts."
"They still will."
"I can handle myself, Severus."

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

I hum in response, watching as he sighs and continues the lesson plan. "Why am I even here?" I ask after a while. "You seem as if you've got everything covered."
"In case I'm needed elsewhere, and in case one of our marks burn."
"Yours never burns unless it's an urgent meeting, and if it is, then I'd have to go as well."

"Remember the dark lord said that one of us could come and fill the other in? Normally when it's something like that, I go because you actually have to work and I need a break."
I sigh in annoyance, knowing he's right. "But still, if the dark lord calls, I'll just come up here, ask if yours burned, if you say no, I go alone, if you say yes, then you go. I don't have to sit here all day!"
"Yes, you do. And I need help testing potions."
I groan. "But every single potion either blows up, melts something, does the opposite it's supposed to do, or it spills everywhere. People rarely get it right. Only Granger gets it right occasionally, and I can't stand her!"

"I don't think anyone can." He mumbles. "And the other reason you're here is in case Umbridge comes in. I think she'd annoy you more than she'd annoy me."
"What makes you say that?"
"You're most likely going to yell at her."
"Not true!"
"Mhm. Sure."

"I can keep calm."
"Not really."
"I'm calm now, aren't I?"
"You're only calm around me because we've known each other forever."
"Fair but still. I'm not some raging bitch like-"
"Like Bellatrix is?" He questions, rolling his eyes.
"Don't interrupt me, Severus. But yes."
"No, you're not like her. You're even worse."
"No, I'm not!"
"Tell everyone you've threatened that."
"She threatens a lot of people too!"
"Yes, but you're more likely to carry out your threats. Anyways, I don't understand why you're so obsessed with comparing yourself to Bellatrix."

"Because she's annoying."
"You sure talk about her a lot, which means you think about her a lot."
"She thinks about me a lot too. She constantly stares at me." I groan. "It's quite annoying."
Severus mumbles something but I don't quite catch it.
"Don't mumble, Severus."
"I said, the two of you are very oblivious."
"How so?"
"The way you describe each other, it shows you like each other more than hate."
The bell rings.
I stay silent for a few moments before bursting out cackling, students flinching upon walking in. It takes a few moments before I settle down and I turn to look at him, smirking widely. "Me and her?! Oh, you're such an idiot Severus! I hate her with every fiber in my body."