Chapter Thirty-Two: Master Plan (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Discreet." I sarcastically commented. Scott and Isaac looked to me in shock, thankful it was me to walk in the room and not someone else at that very moment. 

"Stiles?" Scott asked me. I regretfully shook my head, my lips forming a tight line. 

"No, I looked everywhere. He's not at the school. He's long gone." I informed. Frustrated, Scott ran a hand over his face. "It's Gerard, Scott. It has to be."

"Yeah, I know. This can't be happening." Scott mumbled, turning around to dig through Stiles locker. Before Scott could dig through any of the items, he paused, turning back to face me. "How did you know about Jackson?" Scott asked. I looked up to meet his confused gaze. "When we were in the locker room. You knew that he was going to kill someone on the team." He elaborated. My body froze, my heart speeding up a fraction faster which alerted both Scott and Isaac I was hiding something. 

"Just a guess" I stated. Scott raised a brow, not needing to hear my heartbeat to know I was lying. "We'll talk about it at a time when our best friend isn't missing, okay?" I retorted. Scott's lips formed a tight line before he turned around and began rummaging through the locker. I moved forward, walking up beside my brother and silently hoping he'd drop the subject for good. 

"You're going to find him by scent?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah, we both are." Scott informed, handing the beta one of Stiles' shoes. A wave of utter helplessness washed over me. This was one of the times where being a werewolf would have come in handy. I didn't have any supernatural abilities that could help me find Stiles. But I refused to just stand around and do nothing. 

"How come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?" Isaac frowned.

"Just take the shoe, Isaac." I urged. In the corner of my eye, I caught Scott glaring past me and to the lockers behind me. His face contorted in confusion and he and Isaac soon turned their bodies forward. I turned around, surprised to find Derek standing beside the lockers.

"We need to talk." By the dry tone of his voice and the hard, unreadable expression on his face, I could tell something was wrong. My brows furrowed together in confusion. Before I could open my mouth to ask Derek what he was doing at the school, a figure emerged from behind the lockers.

"All of us." I could feel the color drain from my face as an overwhelming sense of fear and utter shock overtook my body as I watched a formerly dead Peter Hale step forward beside Derek. Instinctively, I took a step back, my body backing up against Scotts. 

"Holyyyyy shhhiitttt." Scott dragged on, hardly believing his eyes. My lips parted, but I found myself too in shock to form words. We had watched Derek slash Peter's throat. He'd been burned by the Molotov cocktail. There was no surviving that. Yet here he was, standing in front of me in perfect health with his signature smirk lifting up the corners of his lips. 

"There's no way." I shook my head in disbelief. "You're dead."

"Funny how things turn out, aren't they?" Peter quipped. I looked from Derek back to Peter. Scott's jaw continued to slack, still reeling that Peter was alive and well before us.

"We saw Derek slash your throat." I reminded, only to get an eye roll out of Derek. "You were dead."  

"Were dead." Peter corrected. cocked his head. "Were being the key word, Hayley. As in, not any more." I looked over to Derek in shock, awaiting for him to explain this mess. He avoided my gaze. 

"What the hell is this?" Scott demanded to know.

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station." Derek retorted. Scott's gaze whipped back and forth between Derek and I. I had warned him Derek knew, after all.