Pablo grabs her around the waist roughly to hold her up and keep her from falling to the floor. Her body quickly goes limp in his arms. It seemed to him that he had definitely lost her, but she also continued to look at him with blank, dead eyes, tightly clenching her fists and enduring the pain that nails dug into her palms brought.

— Are you an idiot? — Pablo scolds, trying to put the girl on her feet, but he quickly abandons this idea and puts her in the chair. — What are you doing?

Boom! The girl raises her fist and quickly punches him in the face, as soon as she clears things up a bit. What he had just said to her echoed painfully in her brain, not letting her forget about it.

Sarah knew perfectly well that she was a nonentity. But Pablo didn't have any right to say that.

The boy grabs his nose again, pressing his fingers tightly together, but no sound escapes his lips. He knew he deserved it. And he wasn't going to blame her for anything.

— Shut your mouth, Gavira. — the girl wipes small drops of sweat from her forehead. She still hasn't gotten over the fact that she just hit him. For the first time in her life. — You get everything too easy, and I have to fight for my place in the team. I have to gnaw this respect, because newcomers are not lucky here. You can't come and clap your eyes, and the whole world will be laid at your feet. I don't know how it was for you, but it's not like that for me. And I don't care what the press writes about me or what my mother thinks about it. I will do anything to get what is rightfully mine.

Pablo was silent. As if all the words of the world instantly lost their value and no longer dared to fly off his mouth.

— So tell my mother not to worry about the press. In the meantime, I'll try to take my rightful place.

Hernandez smiles weakly and collapses onto the bed, grabbing the book again as if it never happened. As if it was not she who went crazy because of just one phrase, and she was not ready to strangle Gavira at any second. Sarah was just jealous of him, and this phrase from his lips was the biggest trigger. It seemed to her that everything was easy for Gavi, although this was not true. The guy also plowed for what he has now, but in men's football things have always been much easier than in women's, and everyone understands this very well.

She wanted everything he already had. She longed for this so fiercely that this envy blinded her, exposing her soul, that asked for affection and love. That asked someone to tell her how good she is, that she is the best and that she can do anything.

But it wasn't. And her ambitions grew, not allowing her to sleep peacefully at night.

Gavira rubs his nose in the hope that at least this time the blood will not come out of there. He slowly sits down in the chair where he sat before. The creak resounds nastily around the room, but no one pays any attention to it. None at all. He fully leans on the back to feel every bone in the body. Instead, he feels guilty.

Yes, Pablo was ashamed. This happened sometimes, but the guy very rarely admitted this to himself. He watched for a long time as Sarah read, as her face periodically changed its expression, as soon as she turned to a new page.

What an adult she was.

Pablo sometimes forgot that she wasn't longer the little girl who had irritated him incredibly. The only thing that connected her with the past was that she still was not resisting to be better than him, only now she can really do it. Pablo does not have enough fingers on his hands to count how many times this has already happened. It always brought her pleasure, as many, many years ago. As they say, some things do not change.

Sarah is still trying to be better than him, and Pablo is still unable to apologize.

That is why the guy breaks down for a long time before saying something that has nothing to do with what he really thought:

— Can you tell Alba that we talked about it? And that you listened to me. Please.

Honestly, it would be easier for him to be punched in the face for a second time than to say it. Why can't this be done? Why you should apologize when you could just get a good punch for your mistake? Some things in this world weren't still entirely clear for Pablo.

Sarah takes her eyes off the book and looks at Gavira for a long time, watching how quickly all self-confidence evaporates from him. How his eyes flickered to avoid meeting her gaze. How he wringed his fingers, breaking the silence with a loud crunch. The girl smiles weakly at all this.

— Um, okay. — she whispers, as if she's doing him a favor. The guy noticeably relaxes after these words, so he picks up the phone again, as if none of this happened.

Only Pablo's sore nose and a strange feeling of envy that has settled in the heart of Sarah Hernandez for a very long time will remind them of this case.