Chp.7

Sorry to all my readers for the late update. But I have taken upon your suggestions and here is the longest chp till now. Almost 3.5K words, so enjoy and do comment on the parts that you like or find funny, it helps me write the next part of the story.

*

*

*

Author's POV:

Arsh seems to be preoccupied with memories of his past that have been lingering in his mind for the past few days.

It is frustrating him to no end since the workaholic tendencies that he was using as a distraction are not working anymore.

He was overwhelmed and forgot how bad this negative feeling felt as he lost touch with his own dreadful past experiences, making him lose his mind and senses over her.

Arsh did not know what to do. He was trapped in his own subconscious, which only revolved around her.

He was contemplating whether to drink his mind into oblivion or take all his frustrations on his lovely employees.

No wonder, how much ever he tries to be a good friendly boss with an equal amount of strictness as his cousin Rudra tends to be. Days like this never let him achieve his pursuit. Therefore, he forfeited his efforts and continued to be his hot-headed and handsome self.

And even though the first part is tempting as hell, he chooses to go with the latter and spends his morning being the cold-hearted boss he is known for and resumes getting lost in his thoughts about the beautiful sunshine that recently graced his dull methodical life again.

He was having difficulties in believing the truth about her existence and grasping the fact that she was indeed real and not just a figment of his imagination.

It was causing him to think about all the recent encounters he had with her on repeat.

Like the one, they collided with each other. That was the first time he felt the warm but familiar sensation and after that, the feeling grew so much stronger that it seemed there was no one but her in his world.

*

*

*

He was walking hurriedly to his car, which was parked across the street due to the construction happening where he usually parks. But god had other plans and a small body collided with his.

Arsh was in a daze as he gazed at the huddled figure before him. Every cell in his body was screaming about something he couldn't comprehend. He was stupefied by the unknown feeling that gripped his heart in its clutches, refusing to let him return to reality and analyze the situation.

He couldn't even move his fingertips, let alone consider helping the poor girl on her feet who had fallen because of him, but he managed to say a couple of words enquiring if she was alright.

Finally, he was able to acknowledge what was happening when he felt a tug on his hand. Arsh looked towards the cause only to find the girl's dupatta clung to his cufflinks. He yanked at it but it got further tangled, making him question himself and a second later, everything was paused for Arsh.

The playful giggles of kids, the chattering of people, the barking of puppies and the meowing of kittens, everything was ceased for him as he looked at the girl with long tresses untangling her dupatta with a single timid tug while saying something in haste to which Arsh couldn't pay attention even if he wanted to, and stared at the girl running away from him until she took a turn at the end of the street.

All he could do was gaze in the direction she went and wonder about his unusual feelings.

*

The second time he saw her was at the Malishka's, a renowned jewellery designing and manufacturing company run by Mrs. Malishka, an acquaintance of his mother and a very good friend of his Sanjhana Chachi. Unexpectedly, his Maa is not quite fond of her but she also loves her jewellery, which is surprising because she takes up a liking to almost everyone she meets.