Chp.1

Avnita's Pov:

Swiftly making my way towards the beautiful shop, I open the door with a bam and without a delay, I shout.

"I got the internship!!!"

Listening to this Riya rushes toward me and gives me a bone-crushing hug. I could practically feel her happiness radiate out of her in waves. I hug her back and then we both laugh gleefully.

"I knew it! That you would get the job sweetie. Rishi get your dumb ass here and pay up! She got the internship! And don't you dare try to escape the back door. I'll fire your ass and make sure to eat all your donuts, do you understand?"

Just then I could see a horrified Rishi with his mouth wide open near the back door of the shop, contemplating whether he should risk his donuts or not. And not even a min later, he hurriedly makes his way towards a now smug Riya and gives her 1000 bucks with a sulking face.

"Meanie"

"Now don't pout like a child and congratulate Nita here you man child. I don't know why I ever hired your dumb ass till this day."

Rishi's eyes widen and then he picks me into a bear hug.

"Congratulations Nita dear, I knew you would get the internship. They would have done a grave mistake by not hiring such a hardworking and smart designer."

"Yeah, yeah. That's why you made a bet about how I will not get this internship, right? And put me down." I narrow my eyes and look at him sternly. He puts me down and starts apologizing. Joining his hands and all.

"Alright, alright. I have to go and inform my parents too. Be ready at 8, tonight's dinner is at my home."

"YAYY, AUNTYJI ROCKS!"

"YES"

I just look at these two monkeys and shake my head. Making my way out of the shop, I start walking towards my home. Which is like a 10 min walk.

I finally got the internship at the MALISHKA'S. A very renowned jewellery company. I wanted to work there before I even entered college. I have a degree in design from a well-known college. And now this internship, it's like a dream come true. Finally, things are going my way and I couldn't be happier.

Riya, Rishi and I are best friends despite all of our ages being different. Riya is 25, Rishi is 23 and I am 21. They are a bit crazy but I wouldn't change a thing. I am really glad to have them in my life along with my parents. Without them, I wouldn't be able to pursue my dream. They are the best.

Riya is a florist and owns a flourishing flower shop. Rishi and I work there part-time. So you can say, I am somewhat of a florist myself too. Hehe.

Going home, I tell the news to my parents.

"Maa I got the internship." 

Maa started praying and thanking god. While paa congratulated me and said how proud he is of me and asked me to call the monkeys for dinner. Like they don't eat dinner every Sunday here.

Deciding to take a nap, I lay on the sofa since my room seems to be too far away all of a sudden and close my eyes. Just when I was going to go to my la la land. Maa hits the back of my head and commands me to go to my room and sleep there rather than in the living room. Sighing I go to my room with hunched shoulders and jump on my bed without changing my clothes. And fall into a deep sleep.

*

*

*

"AHHHHH" I wake up screaming and look in front of me to see a pair of brainless monkeys laughing their brains out.