Lost and Found

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hello there," Said a deep voice, making you look up.

"Oh!" You stood up to greet both individuals, shaking their hands and ushering them to sit in front of you at the table. "It's very nice to meet you in person," You continue, looking at who you would assume is Bonnie, who, unsurprisingly, looks like a bunny. A big, bluish bunny. And, oh, is that a carrot he's holding?—

Bonnie gives you a smile, showing two big front teeth, and, while Freddy was wearing a sweater (that almost looked like Sun's sweater), the bunny was wearing a body suit of sorts. You didn't want to stare, but it was cold outside and Bonnie didn't seem to even have a jacket with him— was he one of those people that wear shorts in the middle of winter? Those people scare you, if you were to be honest.

Looking back, though, you guess such a suit would be great if he practices bowling on a daily basis.

"It sure is!" Bonnie exclaims as his violet eyes avert to Sun, much to the other's horror, and his smile stretches bigger. "And you might be...?" His tone was light, offering a hand to the blond.

Sun stuttered and fumbled around to actually catch the other's hand, giving it a small, hesitant shake. He can't be rude! This person is going to help them and they need to be on their best behavior. "My name is Sun," A wobbly smile stretched on his lips, sharp teeth peeking through. "I-It's nice to meet you!"

Freddy smiled softly at them, shaking their hand as well— those paws are so big and fluffy!

Sun mentally shook that thought.

"Sun?" The doctor asked as he sat down, baby blue eyes looking them over. "Oh! Are you and Moon twins by any chance?"

Sun spared you a glance, unsure what to answer. Technically, the answer could be yes, but also technically, the answer is no. Not to mention, Sun and Moon had never met someone from their specimen— they hadn't ever heard of someone like them before, so answering Freddy's question could be tricky and they weren't sure if they should explain or give a slightly false answer. Would that change anything? To the better or the worst?

The blond tried to focus on the collar of a dress shirt peeking under the doctor's sweater, giving the bear a much gentler look than the white hospital coat. Yeah, they can focus on that instead. For now.

Somewhere in the back of Sun's head, his counterpart couldn't help but notice the hat Freddy seemed to wear everywhere. It gave the doctor a professional kind of look that did not suit his label as a doctor, but of a performer of sorts.

Baby blue eyes scanned over Sun's face. Sun refused to make any more eye contact. Well, not with yours— he spared you another glance. Your smile is soft, patient. They aren't sure anymore. It felt as if their tongue was tangled up, locked, and heavy in their mouth. They aren't sure how to explain— should they even explain? They gave you snippets of themselves and how their two-in-one mind worked, but that was because it's YOU. They'd tell you more, it seemed so easy to.

But to the doctor?

Their mind reeled. They scooted closer to you.

A warm hand landed on theirs under the table, hidden away from the two individuals sitting in front, and Sun almost jolted.

You leaned in, blocking their view of your visitors, and spoke just above a whisper. You only wanted them to hear. "It's fine not to answer. We can talk to Freddy alone later if you'd prefer that?" You speak gently, tender eyes looking them over. Sun felt himself shake ever so slightly— whether it's the situation or how your simple words and stare seemed to melt them over.

Unable to talk, Sun only shakes their head. Not answering Freddy would be rude and he was only trying to help! It was a simple question. Why were they so overworked by it? No. Sun doesn't believe it's the question itself but rather the sudden attention on him. The nots in his tongue seemed to tighten, swallowing his words with its force.