Random Bus - Haunted

In this AU, Nate lived and escaped to CHB with Rebecca during the Titan War. Rebecca was taken by Hera, but she still has memories of CHB unlike Jason, who has lost all his memory.

For context, go check out Haunted, my Heroes of Olympus fanfiction, on my profile.

~~~~

Rebecca woke in the backseat of a school bus to the extremely annoying sensation of someone poking her repeatedly in the side.

"Oh, my gods, would you stop fucking touching me?" She demanded, opening her eyes and coming face-to-face with a boy with dark eyes and curly black hair.

That was the big shock. Rebecca had been expecting to wake up to find her friend Nate jabbing her in the side. He didn't care how creepy the Hades cabin was. He just wanted to continue finding annoying ways of waking Rebecca up.

But no. This was definitely not Nate. They were cut from the same cloth — there was a maniacal, mischievous gleam in this boy's eyes that Rebecca constantly saw in Nate's. But other than that, they couldn't be more different. Nate was tall — at least an inch taller than Percy. He always joked that he looked down on Rebecca, and that she looked up to him. The boy in from of her was probably only a few inches taller than Rebecca herself. Nate could be described as Caucasian, with a complexion that easily sunburned, an explosion of freckles, and blue eyes with a constantly amused expression. He had brown hair that curled in a cloud on top of his head. This new boy, on the other hand, looked like a Latino Santa Elf — dark, curly hair, chocolatey-brown eyes, and pointy ears. His long, nimble fingers wouldn't stop moving — drumming on the seat, sweeping his hair behind his ears, fiddling with the buttons of his army fatigue jacket. Either the kid was naturally hyper or he was hopped up on enough sugar and caffeine to give a heart attack to a water buffalo.

"Aaaand Sleeping Beauty finally awakens," he said dramatically.

"You're not Nate," she blurted.

The boy's grin slipped off his face. "Who's Nate? You're not cheating on me, are you?"

Rebecca blinked. "Cheating on you? I don't even know you."

The grin was back. Here was another way he was exactly like Nate. He was always grinning, like everything in the world was so funny that he couldn't resist smiling.

The boy laughed. "Okay, good one, Rebecca."

Rebecca recoiled. "How do you know my name? Where the Hades is camp?"

"What camp?" Leo asked. He turned in his seat and said, "Yo, Piper, are you in on this?"

Rebecca turned around to see a girl. She wore faded jeans, hiking boots, and a fleece snowboarding jacket. Her chocolate brown hair was cut choppy and uneven, with thin strands braided down the sides. She wore no makeup like she was trying not to draw attention to herself, but it didn't work. She was seriously pretty.

"What'd you say, Leo?" she asked.

"Are you in on this?" the boy, who had just been identified as Leo, repeated.

Piper gave Rebecca a dry look that hinted she was used to this sort of thing and said, "No, but it's pretty funny."

The kid next to her stirred and woke up. He had blond hair, a sharp jawline, and a scar on his lip.

"Jason?" She blurted, unable to believe that the praetor of New Rome was here in a crappy school bus, holding hands with this choppy-haired — albeit cute — girl. Rebecca was pretty sure he and Reyna were a thing.

Jason's eyes flashed in recognition. "Rebecca? What're you doing here?"

"I'd tell you if I knew," Rebecca replied. "I just woke up here."