the shadow stalkers

Depuis le début

And then, there’s me. I am known as 'The Leader'. My name is Leah, as I have said before. I excel at sword fighting. Any sort of swords, daggers, knives, you name it, I am expert in handling them. My personal favorite is my Samurai sword which was passed on to me by my late father. I love greatswords too. I have been practicing sword fighting ever since I can remember. It was like a family tradition to train your son to be a great sword fighter. But my father was never blessed with a son, instead he had me. Maybe that was why he resented me, and to impress him and make him love me, I tried to learn and be the best swordsman out there and although I achieved that goal, I could never be good enough for my father's affection and love. That is why I always had a lack of self-confidence and I have developed trust issues. I don't see myself as worthy of someone’s affection and love, so when anyone tries to show me any such emotion, I automatically start doubting their intentions and I start to give them a cold shoulder. 

But although we were all messed up on our own, we came together to form the best team

But although we were all messed up on our own, we came together to form the best team. We liked to call ourselves “The Shadow Stalkers” because together, we can sniff and find out anything you could ask for, even if it's hiding in the shadows. We can find it and we can hunt it. That is why we were known as the best hunters in the entire City of Tomorrow as well as the City of Mistakes.

The day before we were on our way to the Forest of Giants, we had gone out to grab some lunch at the City of Tomorrow. Every time you go there, you cannot help but be mesmerized by the tall buildings, the futuristic cars that run on water rather than fuel, the Holographic displays, the very well-maintained peace and harmony, it all puts you in an immediate awe struck situation. The Cityscape is adorned with towering skyscrapers that touch the sky and sun reflecting from it truly looks breathtaking. It was so ahead in time and everything here was advanced in technology and digitized. The most amazing part of the city would be the valley it is built on. Both sides are near untravelable. 

Even the place where we had gone for lunch, the order was done by touching the items we wanted on a digital menu already present at our tables when we got seated. The food was served by a waiter and not a human waiter, but by a Robot. A very intelligent robot who could answer any queries you had regarding your food, list all the ingredients used in it and let you know its nutritional facts. Truly remarkable, right? Well you will be more impressed by the sheer amount Chris swallows down. The plates licked clean stacked to the ceiling of the restaurant while mine and Mikaela's was one plate each. The check is normally what kills my stomach. Honest 75% of our money goes to food. 

We had finished our lunch and now we were leaving. We had to reach our home or “headquarters” before it got too dark. It had always been a pain walking back home after a big feast. Luckily that hasn't been too much of a problem after we helped out this garbage guy with a few trash thrashers. They are dog sized creatures that tend to make homes in dumps and attack those that come to dump there. Let me tell you it took a lot of baths to get that smell off of Chris. He dashed into a mountain of trash and through the home of the trash thrashers. They we6re not too hard to deal with. Since we did help him he gave us a free ride home on his way to his dump. We lived in “The City of Mistakes”. And you might have guessed by now that it was not an ideal place to reside. But we were not lucky enough to afford a place here in The City Of Tomorrow.