ISLAND GO TIME

Oct. 13. 2023.

The wedding planning had begun for Kayano and Nagisa's wedding. It was a lot of work and it was definitely an exhausting process. Nagisa's parents were coordinating the traditional aspects of the ceremony while you and Karma were put in charge of the before and after parties. 

The definite decision was that it was a destination wedding in Okinawa! It held many treasured memories for all of E Class. It was also the first time Kayano and Nagisa were very obviously paired up often; whether it was the fact that they were expected to go get the anecdote on their own or when they were paired for the test of courage.

You remembered that entire trip much better than the Kyoto trip. If you didn't have multiple photos to look back on and had to simply rely on your own memory, the Okinawa trip was one of your clearest memories from E Class. You'd prepared so much for it that it was hard to get it out of your head.

August. 13. 2015.

For some reason, you couldn't focus.

Well, maybe it was because in the corner of your eye you could see Karma helping Okuda with her shooting stance. His hands were all over her but he was nonchalant while Okuda was blushing more than you'd ever seen her do so.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, before fixing your gaze on the target.

You could do it.

Takebayashi bumped into you, right when you'd pulled the trigger, and you missed the entire target. Takebayashi apologized continually, but you just sighed and reassured him.

"What're you so out of your head about?" Kirara asked, tilting her head. "You're usually not this bad."

"I don't know," you sighed. "It's not like I've been getting terrible grades."

"Yeah, second in math and language arts is something to boast about," Kirara agreed, aiming for her shot before doing so. She hit her target. "Being mad that you beat me out for second is helping me hit the target."

You chuckled nervously. "That's great." What if she aimed at you next?

"Why don't you do that?" Yoshida suggested. "Pretend it's someone you dislike. Like that Asano jerk, he's the one who beat you out for the top spots. Without him, you'd have gotten two tentacles."

You hummed, agreeing, but Muramatsu spoke up. "But that's Asano. I mean, he's like a genius, can you even be mad about losing to him? I think it's great that you were even a competitor."

"Yeah, that's how I'm thinking," you admitted. "So I don't know what to imagine the target as, right now. I like Korosensei, right now, you know? He helped me get my grades up. I know he's the guy we're shooting, but he just doesn't give me the motivation right now."

"Maybe think about the fact that if he lives, then your grades are for nothing," Muramatsu suggested.

"That's not helping either," you whined.

Terasaka knocked your head. "So what the hell's wrong with you?!"

"I don't know!" You yelled back.

You didn't always get along with Terasaka's gang so well. Kirara was the one you got along with and talking to her resulted in you speaking to the boys more often, and eventually you just found their presence comfortable. You'd joined in on their home economics studies and while it didn't help you get perfect, you got one of the highest marks in the school for the subject, thanks to them.

"Well, close your eyes for a little while, and figure it out," Yoshida suggested. "That's what I do when my brain, like, overloads."

You nodded, taking his advice and sitting off to the side, near Professor Bitch, as you put your head in your hands, drowning everything out.