TEST TIME

August. 25. 2023.

"So..." Karma continued. "Besides the whole Okuda thing, let's talk more about ourselves. What did you think about me back then?"

"I can't... really put it all into words I guess?" Karma looked at you, encouragingly, or as encouragingly as he could look. "I didn't really like you."

Karma put a hand over his heart, feigning hurt. "How disappointing. And right after I admitted how much I used to like you."

"Shut up," you chuckled, punching his shoulder playfully. "You know, you kinda stole Nagisa from me?"

Karma raised his eyebrows at you. "I stole Nagisa?"

"See, I cared less in our third year," you explained quickly. "But in our first year, you practically took away my only friend. And, even though you always hung out with Nagisa, your grades never slipped. It took me having no friends at all and throwing myself into studying constantly to reach your level. And it was only junior high. You just made me feel dumb, too." You noticed Karma's more shocked expression, and shook your head rapidly, placing your hand on his arm. "But everyone who was smarter than me did!"

"How'd you feel in high school?" He asked.

"Way more confident," you answered, reassuring him. "I'd reconnected with my family too; my dad was more like Korosensei and he was a good teacher, and I had you too. I had that confidence thing you told me about and got through it all, didn't I?"

"No way I made you feel dumb all throughout junior high though?" Karma asked, "Even in Korosensei's class?"

"Around midterms," you answered, before grinning cheekily. "Obviously finals was a different story."

Karma still blushed at that memory, and elbowed you lightly, looking away from you. "Shut up about that. It was one time."

May. 25. 2015.

Korosensei's entire method of giving everyone a Korosensei to help them study was definitely useful, but it was distracting at first. Your Korosensei was helping you out with math; it was always your worst subject. While being focused, Korosensei was stabbed in the face by none other than Karma, which made all the doubles look morphed as well.

He yelled at Karma, telling him to focus, as you quickly worked through a question you'd just figured out. "Is this right?" you asked.

"Well done Y/N!" Your Korosensei congratulated you.

Karma looked over at the questions you were doing and chuckled. "Come on Y/N, you just got that? What happened to Ms. A Class?"

"Shut up," you grumbled, before continuing to do your work with a tighter grip on your pencil. Korosensei made sure to lecture Karma a bit more for putting you down like that. Karma did actually feel bad. He'd expected you to say something back, or at least have a childish response. Not to say 'shut up' wasn't childish, but you seemed really disheartened.

As everyone left to head home, Karma hung back, as you worked on a couple more questions, waiting for Nagisa to finish his cleaning duties. Noticing that it was just you and Karma in the room, you looked up at him, raising a brow accusingly. "What, you going to make fun of me again?"

"No," Karma drawled out, sliding his chair over to sit with you. "I wanna help. These are all wrong." He felt a bit bad when you immediately deflated, blinking in shock as you tried to figure out how everything was wrong. "Look, you missed one small step, but it's math. Nothing is small, so if you miss even one thing the entire thing goes haywire. Remember this part, and then you'll do fine."