SCHOOL TRIP TIME, 2nd period

September. 15. 2023.

"When did you move here?" You asked as you stepped inside Karma's home, taking your shoes off as you looked around.

Karma sighed, "Like a month ago."

"Did you buy it on your own?" You asked, knowing how expensive houses in the area could be. You also knew Karma was never the type to ask his parents for money.

"My parents owned the house before and sold it to me, for a bit cheaper," he explained. "I was gonna pass this up honestly... tell them to sell it for the value, until Nagisa told me he was gonna propose. I thought we should have one nice place to live in, right?"

Despite indirectly insulting where you lived (he was right though, your place sucked), you were happy he did this. You didn't think either of you wanted kids anytime soon; sure you were getting married but you were still only 21 years old. But it was nice to have a bigger place, with more room. It was always something you knew you wanted if you got married to someone; a shared house. Not just some dingy apartment you rented out. Your own home.

That's when the thought properly sunk into your head. "This is our home," you muttered.

Karma was a bit startled at your wording. Sure, he'd thought about it, but when you said it aloud, he was shocked you thought of it the same way. "Our home," he repeated, softly. "There's a guest room if you want to stay there for now."

You felt heat creep up your face as you took in his words.

For now.

Less than a year from now, you'd have to actually share things with Karma. A home, a mortgage, a family, a bed. It was weird thinking about it, not that you hadn't slept in a bed together before, or do other things, but this time you wouldn't? Or would you?

Well you'd have to wait and see.

The rest of the night, consisted of you cracking open some beers and sitting around talking, reminiscing over random moments that you brought up as you remembered them. As Karma changed the television, into some other show that would probably be ignored as you continued talking, Karma looked over at you.

"So, you know, I've been wondering." You hummed, taking a sip of your drink. "When did you start liking me?"

Pausing, you did your best to not spit out the beer.

Karma grinned at your shocked expression. "Come on. Want me to go first?"

"I mean," you wiped your mouth, looking away. "Mine's kinda embarrassing. I liked you for a while before we started dating."

"Can't be as bad as me," Karma shrugged, challenging you.

You remembered what he'd told you before, leaning back into the couch. "Oh yeah, after that first assembly... so yeah, that was pretty early."

"Earlier than you?" Karma asked, raising a brow.

You shrugged. "I'm not really sure how long I liked you. But I know when I realized I liked you. And that was on the Kyoto field trip."

Karma grinned. "Seeing me beat people up turned you on, huh?" You hit him, less playfully, and he laughed at your anger. "Oh come on, tell me about it."

June. 10. 2015.

As the group surrounded Kanzaki as she played arcade games, watching at how impressive she was, Karma announced that he was going to go get a drink. "Oh, hey, I'm thirsty too," you said, ripping yourself away from the screen, and looking up at Karma. "Mind if I tag along?"