Chapter Two | Revelation

Hailey's pov:
It was finally a free period, which meant that it was time for rehearsal. As I walked into the music room, I couldn't help but notice that Jake and Daisy were chatting in the corner.

Seeing the two so close to each other made my heart ache. I walk over to the rest of the group to attempt to get the image of Jake and Daisy out of my mind. But the more I try, the more it hurts. At least he's on time for once, but what's Daisy doing here anyway?

"Jake looks like he's enjoying himself, he makes it so obvious that he's got a thing for Daisy." Milly says, smirking as she glances at them.

My heart sank of another thought of their feasible relationship. I know that Jake likes Daisy, but hearing someone else confirming Jake's feeling once again makes it even worse.

I turn to Jake and clear my throat. "Anyways, we should get going with rehearsal now." I say, signaling that Daisy should leave.

"Aren't you going to acknowledge that we're victorious champions?" Jake asks, finally diverting his full attention to the club.

I gave everyone in the club a week off from rehearsal because of our victory, so this is our first rehearsal since we've won. Still Jake still wants another reward.

"You guys were phenomenal last week!" Daisy exclaims, in her habitual cheery tone of voice.

"But you're right, I should get going. I don't want to waste your rehearsal time." Daisy utters before she heads out of the door.

"Bye Daisy!" Sean and Jake say in unison.

Daisy smiles and waves goodbye before exiting the music room.

"So, what does our club president have planned for today's rehearsal?" Luke asks me as he puts his arm around Zander.

"Well, we're going to be reading our judges' critiques and see how we can improve!" I respond, trying to make the subject seem enjoyable.

"Cmon can't we just have one rehearsal where we can just relax?" Jake asks me in a whiny tone. "This is my only free time before I have science." Jake says, still whining and acting a lot like Milly at the moment.

"So you can spend an entire period thinking about Daisy? I think the entire school knows by now that you're crazy about her." Zander tells Jake, causing Jake's face to turn crimson red.

As Zander teased Jake, I could feel my jealousy flare up once again. It takes everything within me to not make a big scene whenever I hear any discussion of Jake and Daisy's possible romance. Yet the topic of Daisy has been pretty consistent today within the club.

"Geez guys. Besides, I was planning on asking her out after detention today." Jake says as he rips my heart out of my chest and stomps on it. Surprisingly, Sean looks just as horrified as I do.

Before I could say anything, the rest of the club yelled at Jake,  "You got detention?"

"Yeah, the school doesn't allow just anyone to deliver an apology on the loudspeaker." Jake says, sounding slightly embarrassed. "It was Daisy's idea, but she wasn't exactly given permission to do it either. So now we're both stuck in detention." Jake explains to the club.

Great, now they have even more time to flirt with each other.

"Daisy got detention too?" Sean asked, sounding a little surprised and worried.

"Yeah she did, but I'll make sure that she survives, I'll protect her." Jake says in a joking manner, while grinning proudly at his unfunny joke. Causing Zander and I to glare at each other from across the room, both cringing at what Jake just said.

"Either way, I'm really happy for you, Jake." Luke exclaims in sincerity."I'm glad that you finally got the courage to ask Daisy out! It only took Zander a decade to try to ask me out." Luke says as he nudges Zander, receiving a glare in return from his boyfriend.

"It's not my fault that you're terrible at flirting." Zander replies. "I thought most of the time you were making fun of me."

Luke giggles in response, "Aww, I would never. You weren't so very good at flirting yourself, Zander."

Jake looked at Luke, his face still flushed from Zander's previous teasing. "Thanks Luke, I hope that I'm lucky as you two are." Jake says, as he smiled and chuckled in response to Luke's compliment.

After about twenty minutes of continuous conversing and questioning about Jake's plan to ask Daisy out, I interrupt to shift the conversation to something productive."Why don't we talk about this later?" I ask, trying to get the club to focus on something other than Jake's painful romance. "We've spent most of our rehearsal talking, before rehearsal ends, I think that everyone should at least take the copies of the judges notes that I printed out." I say barely managing to hold myself together.

The club stares at me silently, I can tell that I've ruined the mood. Everyone takes the printed pieces of paper, then the bell rings ending another wasted rehearsal.

As I watched Jake exit the music room, I realized that this was going to be the last time I saw Jake before he starts going out with Daisy. I guess this means that it's over, I never really stood a chance. To think of it, I've been so desperate for Jake's endearment that I haven't really thought about myself in a while.

What if I stopped obsessing over Jake and let him fall in love with whatever girl he wants?
What if I accept that Jake's chosen Daisy and allow myself to move on? The idea's daunting, but it might be the only way I won't get hurt more than I already have.