Chapter Nine | Stuck On Your Lips

Hailey's pov:
At this moment, I feel like I can't think about anything else but Jake. I'm unable to remember the fact that I promised myself to not fall in love with him, or all the times I've tried to push these feelings away.

All I can think about is how his lips felt so soft and sweet against mine, and how much I want to hold him in my arms and never let go. It's as if my vow, my promise, no longer matters because now I know what my heart truly wants.

We both stand there, breathing heavily and looking into each other's eyes after letting go of our embrace. A wave of excitement washes over me and my heart continues to pound in my chest.

Our faces are so close that we can feel the warmth and delicateness of each other's lips, and the two of us feel a sudden rush of emotions as we realize the severity of what we've just done. We feel the electricity in the air, and both know that this will change everything.

I don't know how long we stood there for, but eventually my mind starts to clear up and I realize that it's not just me who's wanting this to last forever.

Eventually, Jake's breathing stabilizes and he backs up and stares down at the floor. He takes a deep breath and looks back up at me, his expression seeming to have become more serious.

He speaks to me, and his voice sounds a bit shaken. "Hailey, I... I," he pauses for a moment, and his eyes meet mine again. "I really like you," he says, "and I want more than anything to be with you."

I filled with enthusiasm as Jake opens up to me. His words seem to melt away all of my worries and doubts, and it's incredibly relieving to finally know that he has feelings for me.

"I really like you too, Jake," I respond, feeling butterflies in my stomach as we continue to stand face-to-face.

Then a sense of clarity hits me, and I know that there's no point in wasting any more time. I lean in towards Jake again, taking his hands in mine and placing a kiss on his lips. This time, our lips interlock, for much longer this time. It's clear that we both enjoy this feeling, this sweet significance in our lives.

After a few moments of bliss, Jake pulls away and smiles at me. Jake looks at me and says, "Now that we know what we truly want, there's something that I really need to ask you," he tells me. "Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

I take in the intensity of this moment, because I've only ever dreamt of times like this. Before responding to his question, I look Jake in the eyes. I know what I really want and now after this moment, I have no reason to hold back.

"I would love to be your girlfriend, Jake," I say with pure sincerity as I take his hand in mine. I feel like the moment between us is suspended in time, the two of us basking in this euphoria and pleasure that we've just shared.

I think it's clear that both of us can't wait to see what the future holds for our relationship, and we know that we're in for plenty of sweet and romantic moments ahead. Suddenly, Zander pulls up in front of Jake's house and interrupts us out of nowhere.

Jake and I turn to face him as Zander rolls his window down, revealing Luke sitting in the passenger seat. "Hailey, what are you doing?" Zander asks me from his car, with a confused look on his face.

"Za-Zander!" I exclaim, quickly letting go of Jake's hand. "This isn't what it looks li-"

Zander interrupts me and says, "I'm not mad, it's about time you two got together!"

I would've expected this response from anyone but Zander, even Drew is more likely to say this than him. Maybe Zander's had a change of heart though, and he knows that Jake makes me happy.

Luke looks from the passenger seat, amused and entertained by what he's just witnessed. He looks at Zander with a grin and mouths "I told you so."

Zander rolls his eyes and fixes his gaze back to the sight of Jake and I. He then tells us, "We'll leave you two alone now, I know you that guys want your alone time back." Zander says, still pestering me about what just unfolded. "By the way, you know that you can turn off the tracker on your phone, right?"

Before I'm able to respond, Zander and Luke wave goodbye and drive off. Leaving me embarrassed by the fact that my location's been visible to my family ever since I walked alone that night from Jakes house.

I turn to face Jake again and we both smile at each other, trying to hold back our laughter. Zander was right, we really did want our alone time back.

"Hey don't laugh." Jake says, with a subtle blush on his face. "You're supposed to be sad that they ruined the moment."

"But they didn't, if anything Luke and Zander enhanced our moment." I reply, completely genuine in my response.

As I look up at him, we both burst out laughing at the absurdity of what had just happened. We're finally noticing how wild this entire day was, with the kiss that we've both been anticipating. As well as Zander and Luke finding out about our relationship, just for them to be supportive all along.

"Either way, we've been outside for way too long, c'mon let's go inside." Jake says, now placing an arm around my shoulder as we enter his house.

As we walk inside of Jake's house, I feel a bit nostalgic about the last time I was here with Jake. It wasn't even that long ago, him confessing his feelings for me and me running away in a panic.

Now I feel the complete opposite from that fateful day, now I'm finally in a relationship with Jake and not feeling the need to run away in fear of getting my heart broken. I smile to myself, feeling grateful for this moment. I catch a glimpse of Jake looking at me and smiling as we walk inside. It's almost like time has come full circle, but in the best possible way.

Authors note: Thank you SO much for all of the support that I've gotten on this fanfic!!! I'm currently working on another Jailey fanfic, so look out for that!