"Bye, Ten-hyung," Donghyuck said softly.

Ten's heart burst with affection. But before he could drown the younger boy with love, Taeyong came and ripped him out of the kitchen by his collar.

Mark let out a small laugh as he heard the front floor slam shut.

They were now left alone in silence.

Donghyuck didn't look up as he heard Mark pour himself a cup of orange juice from the fridge.

"You want anything to drink?" Mark asked him as he put the orange juice back in the fridge.

"Coffee, please," Donghyuck said as he ate his breakfast.

Mark grabbed a mug and went over to pour Donghyuck's coffee.

They were back to silence.

Donghyuck felt a nervous thump in his chest.

Was this stuff supposed to be this awkward?

Was it just an emotional one-night stand?

Donghyuck's eyes narrowed and he pursed his lips.

Better not fucking be.

I'll lose my shit.

Donghyuck was too busy planning an emergency murder plan to notice that Mark had put his coffee down for him.

"You good?" Mark raised a brow at Donghyuck's facial expression.

"Huh?" Donghyuck snapped out of it. Mark's eyes on him made him feel small. "Yeah, perfectly fine."

Donghyuck didn't know what to do when Mark said nothing back but continued staring him down.

His slightly shakey fingers went towards his mug just for something else to focus on.

"Wait," Mark caught his hand before the mug could reach his lips.

Mark put the mug down for him before leaning over.

Donghyuck's eyes went wide before fluttering shut when he felt Mark's breath ghost over his lips. 

"MARK! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!" Jeno yelled from upstairs.

Mark sighed before slowly pulling away. Donghyuck felt his ears heat up before he stood up and went over to grab mugs for Jeno and Jaemin.

"Hey, do you maybe wanna-" Mark was going to ask before he went out of the kitchen.

"MARK! IT'S SERIOUSLY IMPORTANT!" Jeno screamed again.

Mark rolled his eyes before glancing towards Donghyuck's turned back.

Maybe nothing had changed...

"Hey Mark?" Donghyuck titled his head as he poured coffee into the two mugs on the counter.

"Yeah?" Mark said as he placed his hand on the doorway looking into the empty living room.

"Do you think..." Donghyuck smirked a little. "Do you think maybe you could help me catch up in advanced music class? I'm gonna be a couple of weeks behind."

Mark felt his neck crack with how fast he turned to look at him.

Donghyuck turned to him with a slight smile before raising a brow.

"You got in?" Mark's eyes were wide. "YOU GOT IN!"

Donghyuck barely had time to react before Mark ran towards him and picked him up off the ground. He felt his breath get knocked out of him by how tight Mark's arms were around his waist. He giggled as Mark shook him and pressed his back against the fridge.

"Holy shit," Mark's nose was pressed into the spot below Donghyuck's ear. "I had the biggest argument with Mr.Moon and I really thought he wouldn't-"

"I know," Donghyuck slid his arms over Mark's shoulders. "Thank you for fighting for me."

Donghyuck let out a small breath when Mark nipped the shell of his ear.

"I'll always fight for you," Mark promised.

"I hate to interrupt but Jeno really does need you," Jaemin chimed in from the doorway.

Mark groaned before letting Donghyuck's feet finally touch the ground.

"Is it really that important?" Mark tilted his head toward Donghyuck. "I'm a little busy."

Jaemin furrowed his brows in guilt. "Unfortunately it is really important..."

Mark frowned before turning back to Donghyuck.

"I'll be back," He pressed a smiley kiss into Donghyuck's cheek before walking out of the kitchen.

"Everything okay, Nana-" Donghyuck was also frowning.

"Details babes! I need details!" Jaemin ushered into his space and grabbed his hands. "Are you boyfriends now?"

Donghyuck shook his head.

Because technically, no, they weren't.

"Whyyy?" Jaemin groaned before pouting and stomping his foot on the floor.

Donghyuck heard Jisung's words swirl in his ears before last night with Mark flashed in his mind.

He couldn't keep his hands from shaking before rushing forward.

Jaemin yelped when Donghyuck hugged him tight around the ribs.

"Nana," Donghyuck pressed his cheek to Jaemin's warm shoulder with a giddy smile.

"I get to be happy."