34

"Here you go," Johnny said as he set Donghyuck on his feet in front of Mark's door.

Donghyuck felt frozen in place for a minute as he remember the almost lifeless look on Mark's face earlier.

Mark's body hitting the dirty carpet of his house after getting hit in the skull was painted behind his eyelids.

The blood-

"Donghyuck," Johnny called out to him causing the younger too look at him. "Talk to him."

Donghyuck nodded his head as he finally gathered enough courage to open the door and step into the room.

"There you are," Mark's voice was gentle and a little groggy as Donghyuck shut the door behind him.

Donghyuck did nothing but stare for a minute at the way he was laying down with a small dopey smile his face.

A smile that shouldn't be there.

Not after everything that happened.

"C'mere," Mark beckoned him softly with his hand.

Donghyuck didn't say anything as he got a little closer to the bed. His heart pounding against his ribcage with every step.

"I was worried about you," Mark's smile had yet to dissappear as reached out for Donghyuck's hand. "Jen told me that they couldn't find you this morning."

Donghyuck nodded his head before removing his hand from Mark's and sitting down next to him on the bed.

"Where were you?" Mark tried to meet his eyes.

Mark frowned at the downcast eyes Donghyuck had and how he had yet to say a word.

"Ah," Mark grimaced as he tried to sit up on his own.

Donghyuck eye's went wide as he instantly had his hands come up to help him but Mark lightly pushed them away.

"Where did you go?" Mark repeated and turned his head to Donghyuck once he was sitting up.

"I was leaving," Donghyuck stared into Mark's chocolate eyes and there was an extreme weight on his heart.

"What-" Mark tried to speak but the look on Donghyuck's face stopped him.

"Johnny caught me down the road because I collapsed," Donghyuck nodded his head along with his words."He brought me to Night-Night studio and I got to see all the drawings and letters you wrote for Jaehyun."

Mark tensed up and his eyebrows came together in confusion.

"He...he played me a recording of the show when you were on it," Donghyuck continued. "He said it was the day before you brought me home for dinner."

"Did he..." Mark swallowed thickly.

"He told me you tried to kill yourself a few months ago," Donghyuck took Mark's hand back into his own. "It makes more sense to me now about why you ran to get me out of the window."

"I'm glad I did," Mark said as he rubbed his thumb of Donghyuck's knuckles.

"He told me about how your therapist told you that darkness goes away when the sun rises," He set his lips in a straight line. "He told me that I'm your sun."

Mark smiled at him and he began to feel overwhelmed but he quickly gathered himself.

"Mark..." Donghyuck turned himself to face him better. "I'm not your sun. I know your sun is out there waiting to brighten your life for good...but it's not me."

"Donghyuck-" Mark protested.

"I didn't come back here to stay," Donghyuck gently placed his hand on Mark's face, fingertips trailing over the bruise. "All those things today didn't change my mind. But it did make me realize how much I owe you. The least I can do is tell you the truth."