40

Donghyuck stared at how Jaehyun held Mark close as he cried.

He flinched when a hand lightly touched his own.

"C'mere," Taeyong whispered as he held Donghyuck's hand and pulled him off the couch.

Donghyuck blinked in surprise but let himself be dragged out of the room.

"Sit down right here," Taeyong said as he helped Donghyuck sit on the lid of the toilet.

Donghyuck couldn't say anything as he silently watched Taeyong set up the bathtub.

"Vanilla or Lavender?" Taeyong held the bottles close to him.

Donghyuck pressed a shakey finger to the vanilla bottle.

Taeyong nodded his head before pouring a little bit into the water and swishing it around with his hands. Bubbles appearing throughout the tub.

"It should be all good for you to settle in," Taeyong turned off the faucet once the tub was full enough. "I can go get you some clothes and afterwards we can talk."

Donghyuck felt panic fill his chest as he reached forward and latched his hand to Taeyong's arm.

"Hey," Taeyong frowned before kneeling in front of Donghyuck. "What's wrong?"

"Can..." Donghyuck's voice wavered.

"What is it? Hmm?" Taeyong titled his head to the side and brought his free hand up to brush Donghyucks bangs off his forehead.

"Can you stay?" Donghyuck said quietly, his eyes only looking up for a second before going back towards the floor.

"Of course I can," Taeyong let out a sympathetic smile before standing up. "Do you want me to get you some shorts?"

Donghyuck shook his head. "It's ok."

Taeyong turned around so Donghyuck could get undressed.

"Do you need help getting in the bath?" Taeyong asked with his back still turned.

"Yes please," Donghyuck could still feel the pain throught his whole body.

Taeyong turned around and helped him gently settle down into the tub before he sat on the floor next to it.

They sat in silence for a few minutes. Taeyong stared at the younger boy and it his heart fell gently at all the bruises. His heart trembled at the frown sitting on the youngers face.

"Tilt your head back," Taeyong shifted a little to grab a plastic cup from under the sink before coming back to the tub.

Donghyuck did as he was told and shivered a little when water was poured over his hair.

"Y'know," Taeyong started as he put some shampoo in his hands and started slowly massaging his roots. "Jaehyun didn't mean what he said. It was a mistake."

Donghyuck nodded his head a little.

Taeyong rinsed off his hands so he could cup Donghyuck's cheeks.

"Hey, tell me what's going on in that shampoo covered head of yours," Taeyong pouted cutely as his hands squished Donghyuck's cheeks together a little.

"I...I haven't had a bath since I was six," Donghyuck admitted as he stared at the bubbles in the tub. "I was only allowed to take cold showers."

"They didn't deserve you," Taeyong said as he let his hand hold the back of Donghyuck's neck as he rinsed out the shampoo with the cup.

"I don't deserve you," Donghyuck said back as he tried to bring his knees up to his chest but failed. "I don't deserve any of you."

"Enough," Taeyong said firmly as he ran his hands through the boys hair a few times before grabbing the conditioner bottle.