2

Donghyuck got to school early and plopped into his seat during the first class of the day.

His mind was reeling with thoughts of what happened yesterday.

Really it shouldn't matter.

It's not like he cared what people thought of him.

Not anymore.

Donghyuck stuffed his head into his arms. Putting his face flat down on the desk. He felt a bit warmer in his seat than usually. It was normally cold in the back.

He heard some close whispers but completely ignored it.

"Ok class," Their teacher's voice rang through. "Open your book to page 127 while I call the attendance."

Donfhyuck just sat there. The teacher never even called his name anymore. He just took a glance to the back before shaking his head and moving on.

"Mark Lee?" The teacher called loudly.

"Here."

Donghyuck flinched when the voice was loud in his right ear.

His head shot up to see Mark sitting next to him, explaining why it was a bit warmer today.

His school stuff was already set up on the desk and he was leaned back and relaxed in his chair.

"Well that's a new seat," The teacher let out a small laugh. "Just make sure you are paying attention."

"Yes sir," Mark called back with a smile on his face.

Donghyuck glanced at him before putting his head down again.

I should kill him.

He thought to himself as he heard the faint tapping of Mark's pencil on the desk.

"You aren't gonna ask why I'm sitting here?" Mark bent down and whispered to him.

Donghyuck just ignored him instead of giving a sassy retort.

It didn't matter.

He didn't care.

However it did start getting annoying when Mark started following him down the hallway to each of his classes. Even the ones they didn't have together.

He finally got fed up when Mark followed him up to the school roof to eat his lunch.

"What do you want from me?" Donghyuck said harshly to the older boy.

"Isn't it getting a bit cold to be eating up here?" Mark asked, ignoring his question as he shivered a bit.

"If you're so cold then go back inside," Donghyuck huffed before standing up and leaning against the railing.

"Here," Mark calls to him.

Donghyuck gave him a glance before he realized Mark was tossing something at him.

He swiftly caught it in his hands and furrowed his brows at it.

It was a small ziplock bag of trail mix.

"I noticed you don't have a lunch," Mark stated as he looked down at his own full lunch. "You can have that."

"Yeah, no thanks," Donghyuck scoffed before tossing the bag back at Mark.

The elder caught it swiftly with one hand before letting out a sigh.

"Don't you have somewhere better to be?" Donghyuck said from his spot in the corner. "Like kissing a teacher's ass or starting a stupid after-school club with your friends-"

"I'm not like that," Mark cut him off with an exasperated sigh.

"Sure you're not," Donghyuck let out a small snort.

"I'm not," Mark said with a little more push.

"Whatever," Donghyuck shrugged his shoulders.

"Hey can we start over?" Mark cut him off, chewing at his bottom lip.

"Can't you just leave me alone," Donghyuck glared at him. "I've done nothing to you so get away from me before I hurt you."

"You won't," Mark looked way to certain and it made his blood boil.

"Wanna bet?" Donghyuck tilted his head back.

"Look, can't we be friends?" Mark finally relented. "I really think you have the wrong impression of me."

"I dont want your shitty friendship," Donghyuck scoffed. "I dont care what you think and i dont care what you want."

"What is your deal?" Mark raised a brow at him.

"Nothing. I'm nothing but bad news," Donghyuck looked up to the sky with a frown on his face. "I spell trouble, alright? I don't think your probably rich stuck up parents would want you hanging around with a guy who is the school's menace."

There was a beat of silence before Mark spoke again.

"I wouldn't know," Mark shrugged. "They're dead."

Donghyuck's breath hitched as his head snapped towards Mark. Donghyuck's brows had a divot between them and his mouth was slightly agape.

Mark on the other hand didn't look too affected. His face was a bit soft but his expression was almost nothing.

Donghyuck felt an apology on his tounge but it would never come out. He hasn't actually apologized since he was 8 years old.

His lips just refused to say the sounds.

Donghyuck heard the bell ring and it was the end of the lunch period.

"My offer for friends still stands," Mark stared at him expectantly.

Donghyuck just shook his head.

The next time he turned around Mark was gone and there was a ziplock bag filled with trail mix set on the bench in his place.