42

The rest of the weekend was rough for everybody.

There was jumping and flinching every single time the front door opened and closed.

Awkward pauses anytime an event was brought up either from the last few days or during Jaehyun's absence.

But things were getting pieced together.

Slowly but surely.

...

Donghyuck was quick to go to his locker as soon as he separated himself from Jaemin, Jeno, and Mark.

They don't need to be associated with me.

Donghyuck shook his head as he grabbed his headphones out of his locker.

"Hyuckie!" A cheery voice said in his ear causing him to jump.

Donghyuck was started when he saw Jaemin beaming at him.

"You walked off too quickly," Jaemin pouted before digging into his backpack. "I got this for you!"

Donghyuck looked down and saw he was holding out a notebook to him.

It was purple with cute little stickers all over it. It looked very summer themed as it was decorated with flowers, suns, popsicles, sunglasses, beachballs, etc.

There was a small watermelon one in the corner that caught his attention. It looked similar to the sticker on Mark's notebook.

The name 'Haechannie' was written neatly in the middle and it made his heart pump a little faster.

"The nickname was Mark's idea," Jaemin eyes were soft but there was a bit of teasing laced in them.

"You wanna go that route," Donghyuck teased back as he shut his locker door and took the notebook. "Should we talk about Jeno calling you 'bunny' all weekend?"

Jaemin's face instantly turned red and Donghyuck cracked a small smile at it.

"Thank you, Jaemin-ah," Donghyuck said as he held the notebook to his chest. "I like it very much."

"Like M-" Jaemin went to say but Donghyuck was already rushing down the hallway.

"See you after school," Donghyuck called back before turning and disappearing out of the hallway.

"Huh?" Jaemin titled his head.

...

The longer the day went the worse Donghyuck's body felt.

Breathe in. Breath out.

You'll be back in your safe place soon.

He limped towards his seat in the back and was surprised to see Mark with his head down.

Donghyuck tried to set his stuff down and sit as quietly as possible but the second he was in his chair, Mark's head turned directly towards him.

"Hi," Mark looked tired but his eyes were sparkly.

"Hi," Donghyuck whispered back.