CHAPTER 11 Dorian

I will never forget that betrayed look in her eyes.

Everything was perfect today. Everything, until my father with his men appeared and ruined what i tried so hard to build between me and Annelise, our trust.

Annelise covers her mouth looking at the ground as she mutters "I am the lost princess," she turns to look at me, her hand leaving her lips "I am the lost princess, aren't l?"

I'm at a loss of words. But she is still waiting for me to say something. Anything. "I suspected it but-"

Annelise cuts me off "But you decided not to let me know and just wait until i found out?" She snaps, i look away ashamed to meet her broken gaze "Or... No, no you wanted to take me to your father, not to my kingdom." She pushes her front hair back with her hand as she says "You know, Ryder,  remember when you gave me a flower to make a wish? Do you want to know what my wish was?"

I stay quiet as she continues "The only thing i wanted out of all this was to meet my real parents and who knows even live with them, let them know that l am alive and doing well..." Annelise signs "But it turns out they are the rulers of this kingdom. And you suspected it and kept it to yourself? Or you were already looking for me?" Tears start falling down her cheeks.

"That's why you scared away anyone talking to me when we were at the village! They recognised me, because of my cherry red hair..." She takes some of her hair on her hand and look at it. "Mother must have known too, my true identity." She closes her hand and her eyes disappointed.

"Annelise, just listen to me." I begin and to my surprise she doesn't cut me of this time. "It's true that my father commanded me that if i came across a girl with cherry red hair who was the same age as me i should bring her to him. And what i told you about my mission to find lost people from the Atlanta was true too. When i saw you i was sure you were the one my father instructed me to find and i took advantage of your magical necklace as exchange to bring you here, if you take it out your real form will be freed." I sign as i confess "I was going to bring you to him. But after all we've been through i decided to help you to never cross paths with him-"

"So my future was a playing decision of you mind?" Her eyes sparkle under the sun's light filling her tears with a golden colour. "Forget everything! Our relationship ends here!" She announces and turns away to leave.

She has every right to hate me now but i can't bring myself to let her go, not now that i know my father is looking for her. I hurry behind her and grab her wrist as i say "Give me an other chance. Please. I have to protect you from my father."

She turns furious and looks at me. "It's all my fault. I should have never trusted you! You made me trust you then you pretended to care for me, you lied to me, you even made my heart -" she stops.

I made her heart what? I... "Annelise," i breath her name as i grab her shoulders gently looking her in the eyes. "I made your heart what?" I ask desperately.

"Break," was he answers. My grio loosens allowing her to move away from me continuing her way to the unknown. "And i need no protection. I will end this on my own." She takes her necklace out and throws it at me. It lands exactly on my hand.

"I love you." I kneel to the ground watching her transforming as she walks away from me somehow sure that i won't follow her. She doesn't hear me. Her almost invisible wings appear and her pointy ears as her hair automatically is made into a fairy's hairstyle by the magic. The only thing i can do right now is look at the grass, she is walking on, bloom with ancient flowers beautifully.

A tear falls down my cheek.

That's it. I lost her.

If you liked this chapter please vote or comment (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤