Chapter 1

Jennie's POV

I don't know how many times I've watched her sleeping. Was it hundreds...thousands...millions...? I've lost count. Every time I watch her, I have this urge to hold her tight. Especially when she has her usual nightmare. But I can't...she can't even see me or hear me whenever I whisper comforting words when she feels down. All I can do is just look at her and do nothing... That's what a guardian angel does. Just stand there and guard. Do nothing...

My name is Jennie, and that's right...I'm an angel, which means that I'm dead. I really don't know how I died or what life I have lived. I remembered the time I opened my eyes and realized that...I was in a place where people were wearing white and have wings. I slowly stood up and realized that I have wings of my own. I looked around noticing that I don't know who I am and where I am. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked at the person. It's a man dressed in a white with the same wings that I have. He smiled at me...

"Welcome child...welcome to paradise..."

I didn't get it at first but then he explained it to me...that I died and was going to spend the rest of my life here. I asked him how I died but all he said is that I don't need to know it...that it's in the past.

It's nice living in this world. So many people were nice enough to invite me or be my friend. There are no worries or problems in this world. If you're asking if I met God...well I did once...when he said that I have to guard a new born child. He set out some rules too on how to be a guardian angel. He has only one rule... 'Never fall in love...' I agreed and the next thing I know...I was in the hospital...oblivious to the people. I was like a ghost being passed through by people. Even a pregnant woman who was obviously in labor passed through me screaming at the doctors...but where is her husband?

I followed the woman and after a long hour of laboring...she gave birth to a wonderful baby girl. The nurses placed her in the incubator while they try to place her mother in a room. I followed the nurses that carried the baby. When the nurse left I stood there smiling at the baby girl...her name was...Lisa.

She and her mother lived together in a small house. Her father left them which really made me angry. They were fine but they needed money. They asked for help to Lisa's grandparents. They accepted them and took care of them. But because of old age, Lisa's grandfather died when she was only 3 years old. Her grandmother followed when she turned 5 years old, leaving both her and her mother alone in the house.

She was such a sweet kid. I remember when she was about to go to sleep her mother made her pray for her guardian angel. I smiled when she asked her mother in a very cute voice...

"Mommy...what's a guardian angel?"

Her mother smiled and held her daughter in her arms.

"They're special person who guards you all the time and tells you to do good things."

"But...where are they? Why can't I see them?"

"That's because you're not allowed to see them unless you do good things. If you don't do good things then...you won't see them. Now...why don't you pray for them?"

She nodded and kneeled down with her eyes closed.

"Jennie...please bless Mommy and me. Protect us and help us all the time. And please can I see you so that we can play together? Amen."

Her mother smiled and tucked her in.

"Jennie? Is that what you're going to call your guardian angel?"

"Uh-huh. Do you think she'll like it?"

"Yeah but...why Jennie?"

That's the question on my mind. Good thing that her mother asked it. She smiled her cute dimples showing.