~Chapter 10~

This chapter is focused on Amity btw!

Amity Blight was in trouble.

Not bad trouble... well, yes it was a little concerning.

Okay, maybe it was pretty bad, considering she dyed her hair Luz's favourite colour.

Yes, she was down bad.

She had a crush.

And not just anyone.

Amity blight had a crush on Luz Noceda, a girl.

It took her a while to admit it. It was cliché to say, but she thinks she fell in love the second she saw Luz in science class.

Yes, she was mean... but she was trying to say something to start a conversation and ended up snapping something rude.

At least she got a second chance by working on the project with Luz, right?

But noooo she just HAD to insult a cat.

A f*Beep*cking CAT.

Heck, she has a cat.

At least they seemed to be bonding. Luz seemed to enjoy Amity's company, despite their rocky beginning.

But there was no way Luz liked her in THAT way.

Just... no way.

Amity cleared her thoughts and gripped her bag as she made her way to science class.

Class with Luz..!

Someone slung their arm around Amity and she jumped before realizing it was Boscha.

"Hey Boscha." Amity said, trying not to sound as disappointed at she felt.

She was kinda hoping it was Luz...

"I'm throwing a party tonight, starts at 8 p.m" She said. "You're down, right?"

"Uh, I will have to check with my mom, I'm grounded." Amity murmured.

"Alright," Boscha said. "I was thinking of inviting the new girl with the pointy ears."

Amity did a double take. "You mean Luz?" She asked.

"Yeah, her, whatever." Boscha said. "Mostly so I can humiliate her."

They talked for a bit more before Amity went into the classroom.

She half wanted to tell Luz not to go, but a small selfish part of her wanted an excuse to hang out with Luz more.

She sat at her seat and waited for a while more before Luz came. She cheerfully greeted Amity and they started a small conversation.

At one point, Amity decided to bring up the party. "Boscha's throwing it, she told me to tell you that you can come."

Luz seemed a little skeptical at first but finally agreed.

Amoty vowed to keep her safe from Boscha's wrath, but knowing the pink haired girl, that would be hard.

•○•

Amity looked at her vanity mirror and  slid her hands through her hair to tie her usual half ponytail half down hairstyle when she faltered.

Maybe I should try something different for once. She thought. She kept the elastic band around her wrist, in case she changed her mind.

One more thing, checking with her mom.

Amity timidly peeked in Odalia's room, for today she had a day off. "Mom, can I go to a party?" She asked.

Odalia's eyes narrowed. "Amity, you are still grounded."

"But Boscha wants me there-"

"Then I suppose it's fine." Odalia said. "Boscha is a good kid. I trust she doesn't get you into any trouble."

"Yes mom."

"However, I need you to dye your hair back. Then maybe I will un ground you."

Amity blinked in disbelief. "Uh... what." She muttered.

"You heard me." Odalia sniffed.

Amity sighed. Her mom would probably change her mind and not let her go to the party if she didn't dye her hair, and now that Amity knew Luz was going, she definitely had to go too.

"...Okay."

Short chapter again I'm kinda burnt out from writing many chapters at once, even writing chapter every day.

Comment what you think!

Q: Would you rather I make shorter chapters but post every day (maybe more than once) or long chapters but post every other day or longer chapters but like... once a week or something?