~Prologue~

Disclaimer! I don't own The Owl House, it's a Disney series made by Dana Terrace.

Warning! In this au, the day of unity happened when Luz and everyone else were still kids.

"Mama?" Eight-year-old Luz asked, tugging on her mother's jacket hem.

"Yes honey?" She replied a little urgently as she dragged her children into a dark alleyway.

"Why is it so loud?" Luz whispered.

She was referring to the noise outside. It was the Day of Unity, and everyone was screaming helplessly as their coven sigils were burning their arms.

Luz's mother being one of them, her Beast Keeping sigil virus spreading quickly. She hissed in pain and kept herding her kids.

"Don't worry about it, baby. It's okay." Camilla soothed. "Come on now. We need to get going."

"Momma?"

Camilla glanced at her ten year old, Hunter.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to the human realm. Right now the Boiling Isles is a little chaotic, so we're going to stay somewhere else for now."

"Okay..."

Camilla took out the briefcase and let it do its work.

It floated out of her hands and started opening into a doorway.

"In here." Camilla said, slowly pushing them in.

However, before she too could go in, Belos himself was suddenly there.

"Would you look at that," He chuckled darkly. "We have a little runaway."

Camilla froze and turned around.

Belos glanced at her sigil and smirked.  "Do you really think the human realm will fix that?" He asked and paused briefly before answering. "No. It will keep burning until you die."

The second Luz and Hunter heard the d word, they turned back, trying to exit the portal. "Mama!" Luz cried.

She grabbed onto her mother's jacket tightly and pulled. "Honey, don't worry about me." Camilla said, trying to calm Luz down. "Go, I'll be there in a moment."

"But-"

"Go!" Camilla pushed Luz into the portal and the girl stumbled into Hunter, making them both fall.

Before they did, however, the momentum caused Luz to rip the jacket off her mother's shoulders.

Camilla looked at her kids one last time. "I love you." She cried. "Never forget that!"

The portal closed, and the briefcase disappeared with it.

Camilla blinked back tears that were forming and she turned back to Belos.

"I think we have some... unfinished business." He murmured, and cracked his neck.

"Well go ahead and fight me like a man." Camilla said shakily. She stuck out her finger and tried to summon a rat worm, but she was too drained.

"How useless. I figured getting rid of another pesky witch would be easy." Belos said almost smugly. "Perhaps I'll go open that portal and find those children too."

Camilla froze at the sentence and glared at Belos.

She heaved a tired sigh and put herself in a fighting stance.

"Over my. Dead. Body."

So... what do you think of the prologue? I know it's probably cringey but again, my first story.

Comment what you think! (Although since this is my first book I don't expect a lot of views)

Q: Who's your favourite character from ToH?