~Chapter 6~

Edric yanked the phone back but Odalia had a steel grip.

"Edric Blight." She said in a warning tone.

"Okay, okay, geez." Edric rolled his eyes and tried to sound calm. "He's just a guy Em and I met at school, he's our friend and we were just joking around."

Odalia glanced at Emira and Edric followed her stare.

Emira nodded. "It's true, you know..." She mumbled.

"Alright.." Odalia murmured. "As long as he isn't trouble."

Edric nodded and looked away. "What are you waiting for?" Odalia hissed. "To your room."

The twins scurried away and ran into their, shared room.

Edric almost fell back in surprise when he saw amity sitting on his bed. "Hey, Mittens you alright?" He asked.

"I heard Mom." Amity said quietly. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, just wanted to know about Hunter."

"Hunter..."

"Luz's brother."

"Ah." Amity got off his bed and made her way towards the door before turning around. "I'm sorry you got in trouble over my hair."

"It's fine, Mittens." Emira piped up. "You know we always get grounded."

"Yeah but not because of me-!" Anity shook her head. "I'm still sorry."

She left the room before they could start a sibling war.

Emira and Edric looked at each other before Edric quickly looked down.

"Edric..." Emira said slowly. "What was it that you and Hunter were texting about that worried Mom?"

"We were just joking around!" Edric snapped.

Emira smirked. "Hmm. I'll be the judge of that. What'd you say?"

"How am I supposed to know, Mom took my phone." Edric said.

Emits rolled her eyes. "Don't pretend you don't have the secret phone. I literally bought both of ours."

"Technically not, you got it on a sale."

"Same thing now show me or else."

"Or else..?"

Emira grinned devilishly. "Or else I'll tell Hunter you like him."

"EMIRA!" Edric screeched and shoved his face in his pillow.

Most likely to hide his tomato face, which all the siblings inherited from their dad.

"You're literally gonna ruin the friendship I spent so hard making!" Edric groaned.

"It was literally one school day."

"Same thing, plus I don't even like him that way."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Emira shrugged, "Now spill, gimme the phone!"

"EMIRAAAA!" Edric whined as his twin grabbed his secret phone and swiped deviously.

"Let's see, contacts contacts contacts... would you look at that, a flushed emoji (😳) next to his name." Emira deadpanned.

Edric swiped for the phone but Emira moved it last second, causing Edric to fall off his bed.

He got up and went on his knees. "Em, please pleaseeee pleaseeeeee!"

"Mm. Nah. This is payback for texting Viney that I liked her. On MY phone."

Edric shrieked and rolled on the ground.

Emira clicked on the contact and aced up to the beginning of the conversation.

Hunter: is.This eDri.c?
Edric: Yeah, what's up with your keyboard
Hunter: it.s ready smac
Hunter really small*
Edric: Forreal.
Edric: So what's up cutie?
Hunter: we arebt at schook you c.an drip the smooth flort act
Edric: You are tho
Hunter: am i supposed to fall inlobe with you,?
Edric: that's the plan
Hunter: its working, oHhhh prince charming
Edric: damm
Hunter: that w.as Luz!!!
Edric: alright sureeee
Hunter: im not luz im hunter and i looove youuu

And that was the last message, clearly the one Odalia had seen.

"Pfff- what's there to even hide?" Emira snorted.

"It's embarrassing!" Edric complained. "Plus, it's especially weird when YOU read it."

Emira just cackled and threw the phone in his fumbling hands.

"This is gold." Emira said. "I ship."

"Emira, for God's sake, we just met."

"Love at first sight, even better."

Emira stayed quiet when Amity asked her why she had a huge bump on her forehead that night.

•○•

"AH, HUNTER, I'M SORRY!" Luz yelled, running up the stairs with Hunter on her tail.

She grabbed her baseball bat by the top of the stairs and kept running.

Hunter was behind her, with a magenta spell circle over his finger.

(In this au, Hunter has magic cause he is Camilla and Manny's biological son (they are witches in this au) so ig Manny has Hunter's characteristics- idk)

Luz barged into Eda's room, where the older woman was sleeping with King on her stomach.

"Edaaaa!" Luz wailed.

The human got up right away and pushed Luz behind her as Hunter walked in.

"Woah, kid, no magic upstairs!" Eda yelled.

(Ar one point, the siblings trusted eda and told her what happened and the Boiling Isles.)

Hunter ignored Wda and stepped closer. "Come and fight me like a witch, you beat." He snarled.

Luz whimpered.

"Okay, what happened now?" Eda grumped, crossing her arms.

"Luz sent someone something with my phone!" Hunter complained. "She said I love him!"

Eda raised and eyebrow and glanced at Luz.

"Okay, got at her." Eda said, and shoved Luz forward.

"EDAAA!" Luz howled in betrayal. "It's not my fault, I thought he was texting Emira!"

Hunter's eyes widened and he glared at Luz. "YOU WERE GONNA TELL EMIRA I LOVE HER?"

"See, you obviously have a crush on her by the way you reacted!" Luz yelped.

Hunter opened his mouth, about to say that Emira didn't even like guys, and liked Viney, but snapped his mouth shut.

That was her decision to make.

It was up to Hunter to out her.

"See!" Luz cried out.

"I don't like Emira!" Hunter snapped.

"Uh huh." Luz said.

"LUZ." Hunter said. "Just... Stop!"

"Fiiine, only if we still sleepover tonight."

"Agreed."

They shook hands and hunter went to his room.

Luz grinned and rubbed her hands together.

What Hunter didn't know, was that the sleepover option was going to be much, much worse.

Sorry if the cliffhanger last chapter gave you a heart attack, gave me one too and I knew what was coming.

Comment what you thought!

Q: What track/coven would you be in at Hexside? As many as you like! I personally like the healing, bard, and beast keeping track :)