Chapter 11

(I'm on the bus atm so I'll just update this fic here)

"This movie was amazing!" said Reigen as soon as the end credits rolled over the screen. "One of the best I've seen. Even though it was scary."

Serizawa sat up a bit straighter. "I'm glad you liked it," he said and stretched, then turned to Reigen. "Will you be able to sleep?" he teased. Reigen laughed and then grinned. "I'm not a kid you know. Besides, you're right next to me. I can use you as a shield."

That brought a laugh out of Serizawa. "Hilarious. Maybe you should try being a comedian?" "Oh, how I'd love to be a comedian. However I'm perfectly satisfied with my audience of one." "And I'm happy to have my own private comedy show."

Reigen moved closer to Serizawa, burying his head into his neck. "I'm kind of tired," he said, his eyelids getting heavier with each second. He yawned and the warm breath directed at the other's neck, sent shivers down Serizawa's spine. "Should we go to sleep then? It's kind of late..." Reigen looked up at Serizawa. Then he looked back down and closed his eyes. "Sure. Do you have work tomorrow?"

Serizawa nodded. "Yeah, but later. You?"

Reigen shook his head. "I'm free tomorrow. Thankfully. It's not hard or anything, but there's a limit to how interesting an office job can be." Serizawa smiled sympathetically and caressed Reigen's hair. "You should try looking up other jobs then. I'm sure you could find something better." Reigen chuckled. "Anything would be better."

Before Reigen drifted off to sleep, Serizawa spoke up again. "Is there anything in particular you'd like to do?" He felt Reigen shrug and cuddle closer before speaking up. "I'm not sure. I guess I'd just like to be someone... good. Good enough. I don't have to be the best. I remember wanting to be the best, but it seems impossible now."

Silence fell between them. Serizawa wanted to come up with encouraging words to lift Reigen's spirits at least a little. There was nothing that felt more pathetic than going to sleep sad. Reigen's mouth was faster than Serizawa's thoughts and he spoke up first.

"Maybe I'd like to help people. I don't know. Like you do. You help people. You helped me." He let out a sigh. "I'm sorry. I just- no one helped me until you did. You were the first one to help me because you wanted to. I want to do something like that. Be the help I didn't get as a kid. You know? Does that make sense to you, Katsuya?" "Yeah. You want to grow up to be better than the people you met before." "Something like that. But for now," Reigen yawned and shifted a little lower. "For now I'd just like to get some rest." "Go ahead, Taka."

The way Reigen did, Serizawa also sunk into his pillow.

His eyes were pinned to Reigen's closed ones. He seemed so at peace. Almost too peaceful. He leaned closer and softly placed a kiss on the upper corner of Reigen's lips, which caused him to open his eyes, following it with a smile. "Goodnight, Katsuya."

"Goodnight. Sleep well. Wake me up if you need anything."

Serizawa knew how Reigen was treated. Well, he knew what Reigen and his sister told him. He wasn't there so he could never know if it was as bad as he said it was or if it was even worse than what he described. Although knowing Reigen... it was probably the latter. Not wanting to make people worry was just like him.

He knew the reality was probably worse. Yet he still wished to know the whole truth about Reigen's past.

But that can wait. Right now... right now they should get some sleep.

-

The next morning at around 7 AM Reigen was woken up by the most annoying sound known to man - the man being Reigen. A phone was ringing.