Chapter 10

The walk there was quiet and for the most of the way Reigen was very nervous. Serizawa didn't say anything about Reigen's confession. The only words that could technically count as a part of the walk were "we're here" when they got to Serizawa's apartment.

Reigen was let in first, Serizawa was right after him. After the door was locked he slowly approached Reigen who only then noticed the bright blush on the other's face.

"Are you hot, Katsuya? Your whole face is red."

"I'm just nervous."

"What for?" Reigen asked, as if it wasn't painfully obvious. He took a step closer. "Did I make you nervous?"

"I guess you could put it like that."

Reigen stood in front of the taller man and stared into his eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't realise that me, saying all those things, would make you uneasy. You don't have to respond right away though!" He took a step back, turning his head to the side - his posture was slouched and it seemed like he was trying to protect himself somehow. "Just give me an answer so I can move on if you can't return my feelings. That's all I ask of you. Oh, and... break the news to me gently."

"Taka..." Serizawa spoke softly, in disbelief, almost. He stepped closer. "You're way better with words than I am. You expressed your feelings so clearly and I could never do that. I just want you to know that... uhm..." Serizawa's face turned redder. This intrigued Reigen and he was looking up at the other one again.

"Yeah?"

"I don't think I'll have to reject your feelings... I think you're great." Serizawa's face became a deeper shade of red with each word. With each word, his eyes were looking for a place to stare at, anything was fine as long as it wasn't Reigen's face. He was already clumsy with his words, he didn't need any additional encouragement to make the given situation worse.

Serizawa opened his mouth and closed it again, unable to say the three words which would've been the cherry on top. He was a little mad at himself for it, especially because he finally gathered the courage to look back into Reigen's eyes. He took a deep breath and before he could say anything else, he felt Reigen hug him tightly.

Without hesitating, Serizawa wrapped his arms around Reigen as well. "You don't have to say anything more - you don't reject my feelings and that's all I need to know for now."

Serizawa nodded and tightened the hug. "You're right," he caressed his back. "I don't reject your feelings."

Reigen pulled back from the hug, smiling. "Hey, can I spend the night here?" he asked. Serizawa nodded. "Of course."

"Do you have any movies?" Reigen asked while caressing Serizawa's shoulders. "We could watch one or two. Unless you want to do something else." He looked up at Serizawa and blinked a few times and it was up to him to figure out if Reigen was subtly hinting at something or just casually flirting - maybe it was none of the two. "I have a few suggestions," Serizawa answered. "Anything is fine," Reigen replied.

While Serizawa was setting up the movie, Reigen sat on the bed, which was opposite the TV and watched him.

"Do you want to take a shower? I can lend you my clothes."

"That'd be great. Please do."

Serizawa searched his closet for the clothes that would fit Reigen best. After acquiring them, Reigen headed to the bathroom.

-

Serizawa didn't hear Reigen come out of the bathroom so it took him by surprise when he felt a hand gently placed on his shoulder from behind. He jumped a bit, but relief came over him when he saw Reigen. "Did I scare you?" Reigen said with a chuckle. Serizawa smiled. "A little," he glanced at the clothes Reigen was wearing. "Do they fit you fine? Are they too big?" "They're just a little big," Reigen reassured Serizawa. "Did you find anything good for us to watch?"