Chapter 6 • first lesson

I hear my own footsteps as I walk in the hallway, going to the large squar where at least a hundred students will be.

I don't even know how to teach or what to teach. I don't remember anything of my techniques nor how I learned them. I think about the man I saw in my memories.

"Fight."

His words ring in my head like a song that stuck. 'Fight', what would've he meant it that situation? I come by the large brown doors. They're huge in comparison to me. I take a deep breath and open the doors before me. They creack open, and I see people standing in a straight posture next to each other. Like soldiers waiting for orders. I spot Liam with a warm smile on his face. Caius, however, looks stern and kind of angry.

I walk over to them, my heart beating in my throat. My body still hurts a little from the hits I got yesterday. I glance at the crowd. The soldiers are young, old, male, and female. It seems they want as many soldiers they could get. "[Name], I'm glad you could make it," Liam says with a kind smile. "I can't teach..." My words come more out like a silent whisper. "I'm sure you can handle it," says Liam. "How can I teach... if I don't even know how I do it myself?" Liam and Caius look at me silently. Without answering, Caius steps forward. "You know why you're here. I'm not going to explain it again, "he starts to say to the soldiers. "You." He points at the a man. He is somewhere in his thirtees and has a dull expression on his face. "Step forward." I look confused, but Liam seems to know what he's planning. His hand touches me back and pulls genlty forward. "You'll be fine," he says. I step forward as well. Me and the man stand before each other, I can see a hint of fear in his brown eyes. "Fight her." My eyes widen as I look shocked at Caius. 

No, please no. What the hell are you doing, Caius?

The man stands in a fight position, and his hands are fists as he still looks at me in fear. "Is this really necessary?"I ask, slightly panicked. Caius just looks at me with a dull expression. "Watch and learn," he just tells and takes a few steps back. "Fight." The man makes a move. He lunges for me and his fist lands on my jaw. A wave of pain spreads through my body. I go a few steps backward. "We're trying to activate your fight techiques." Before I can react, another wave of pain goes through my jaw and tingling feeling follows. 

This... hurts...

I focus on the man who seems slightly more confident as he lunges at me again. 

A punch lands on my face as I look my friend in the eyes, my eyes watering. Not for my sakes but for hers... "Jinte, what are you doing?!" The older man in the uniform that I can only describe as my commandar yells at her. "That was wrong techique number 1. Electrocution" Jinte cries out in pain as I see even small lits of fire around her as electricity fills her body. I look at with tears in my eyes as I can somehow feel her pain. "Stop, please", I beg as the first tear falls. "You're weak, (name). Now fight!" I shake my head. I don't want to fight, I really don't want to! "I-it's okay, (name)", says Jinte. I shake my head. "I won't kill you." Another tear escapes my eye. "It's okay. Y-you don't h-have to." Jinte stumbles my way as she punches me yet with just an ordenary punch in my face. "Wrong technique number 2. Cut her. " A knife fllies through the room and cuts half her ankle as she let out a scream of pain. Jinte falls on the ground, kneeling before me. "Jinte!" I cry out and kneel before her. "(Name), fight!" The commandor's voice makes me want to cry even more. All the eyes are on me, all thinking the same... I'm weak. And they were right... I'm weak. "Goodbye, (name)" Jinte forces a smile on her wet face as she punches me again. The tension in the room gets bigger as fear fills my body. "That was three..." sighs the captain. The commandor nods. "Kill her." In one sudden move, someone cuts Jinte's throat. Blood spills on the ground as her lifeless body falls on the ground. "JINTE!" I fall down on my knees in defeat. I'm in shock as I see her lifeless body. All the memories we made its all gone and for what? Just some stupid training session! "Next time you better just fight, (name)" The voice of the commandor falls away as everything turns black for me as well

Another wave of pain fills my jaw as the man punches me again. My face is wet from the warm tears that have fallen from my memory. Just when another punch almost hits my face, I catch his fist, my arms trembling. Whole my body is trembling. "Are you serious?" A low voice from one of the soldiers speaks up. It's a young man. He has a jawline and some piercings in his ear, a typical bad boy style. "Is she crying?" I don't move. My hands shake as I hold the man's wrist. "You've got to be kidding me... our teacher is this weak?" He says. Caius wants to speak up, but my body already takes control as I discolate the man's arm who cries out in pain. Everything goes fast again, and when I'm back aware of what I'm doing, the man lies on the ground, unconcious as his arm is in the wrong position and some blood covers his face. I grith my teeth as my eyes pierce through the other student, who looks shocked at my sudden movement. "Do you really want to know how they trained us?" My voice shivers, yet it's loud in the cold silence that takes over the territory. "They would let us fight against each other in the ring. We needed to fight our friend till life or death." It becomes even more quiet as I said that as my eyes start to water again. "They... they... " My body shakes in anger as angry tears spill my face. "They would kill us if we didn't! We needed to use our techniques. Otherwise, they would kill us. First, they would let electrocute us. Later, they would stab our ankles, making sure we won't stand up again! If we had used another technique the third time, they would slit our throats! IT WAS KILLED OR BE KILLED BY OUR OWN FRIENDS! I WAS SUPPOSE TO DIE! I was supposed to die..." My voice dies out as I say the last sentence again, I can't see a thing with my watered eyes, but I can't bear this embarrassment as I run out the training grounds. 

Not being aware, Caspian was watching the whole time...