Chapter 4 • trial (part 3)

"She's the last one of her kind..."

His words roam in my head. My sight is blurry, and the energy again leaves my body completely. Another fist, way harder this time, hits me, and I fall on the ground on my side. Too much pain pounds through my body, like a disease that spreads.

"Hm..." I hear the soft growl of the judge, I can feel his eyes on me. It looks like he is reconsidering, or am I just imagining it?

I look up at a man who punches me in the face. He has curly, ginger hair, a nice jawline, and a uniform that fits his body perfectly. His eyes stare at me with hate, but somehow, I have a feeling that the hate isn't to pointing at me.

"Honerable judge. If I may... I think we can use her perfectly to defeat the Night Stalkers. She is the only one with the knowledge of how to kill a Night Stalker, "the young blue haired young man says.

The judge looks at me sternly. I cough a bit of blood, my lip bleeds, and bruises are covering my face. "[Name] [last name]" he speaks out, his eyes look directly at me. "I release you of the death sentence. But you will join the Sanctum Council, protect the village with your life, and sacrifice yourself if you have to. Understood?"

I look up at the judge, wiping my blood off my chin. And I nod my head, knowing I don't have another choice. My head is fuzzy, and my body is heavy.

I want to sleep or am I going to faint? Maybe both...

"You will learn them your techniques, your fighting skills. The Ascendant Order thinks you were once a Dawnbreaker, be one again. You are dismissed."

I hear whispers everywhere. They're not very positive. The only words I can make out are 'dangerous' and 'Night Stalker'.

I feel drained. The only thing I want to do is sleep or something, I don't care if I have already slept a few days. Should I be worried?

"Congratulations, Dawnbreaker. Welcome to The Sanctum Council!"
I see the commandor walking up to with a big prideful smile on his face. Simon behind him, looking annoyed as ever and looking away. "Actually..."

A man walks up to us. It's the same one who spoke for me, the one handsome one with the black hair. He looks at me with no emotions. "... The Ascendant Order is going to take her in."

I hear other voices answer, but my mind is too confused to hear anything of it. The strength in my arms is gone, and I collapse. As soon as my body hits the ground, I drift away into a peaceful sleep.
.

.

.
My eyes are slightly open. I bounce up and down. Someone is carrying me.

I wasn't out for that long, but I feel much better. My body still hurts of the kicks I got from the girl. Out of the cornor of my eye, I look at a person who carries me. I recognize the slight orange hair.

It was the one who gave me a final punch to the ground. Now he's carrying me? These people are weird...

I pull my head up, not being comfortable at all. "I... I can walk myself." I manage to speak out and pull the man gently away from me so he doesn't let me fall. "And collapse again?" The young man shrugs. "No way, I have no time for that."

We come into a room with more people, and there is a wooden bench. It looks old and dusty, yet the patterns painted on it are very beautiful.

The young man puts me down, and my body rests on the wood. I look around. I see pretty much everyone here. The commandor with Simon. The handsome, dreaming, black haired guy. The two strange men that had burst into the room and lastly the guy who punched me in the face after I got kicked by the girl. But she isn't here, luckily. It's just a room full of guys.

I stare at them for a couple of seconds, not saying anything. Talking still costs me lots of energy.

"Alright, let's get down to bussines," says the blue haired guy. Now I see his features more. He is quite attractive. He is wearing a nice uniform, and he has a rather kind face, and his voice is gentle. "I'm Liam, and over here is my coworker, Deon. What's your name?"

"[Name]", I tell him, my voice still quiet. "Alright, [name]. First of all I must apologize for your wounds. Simply not all people understand what chance you could give them."

Suddenly, a hand grabs my chin softly, forcing me to look at him. It's Simon, having a medical kit in his hand. "Stay still," his cold voice says to me. I don't reply, but I nod in return. Simon starts to patch me up, despite his cold and distant behavior he is quite gentle. Liam starts to explain furthur. "Me and Deon are from The Ascendant Order. Do you know what that is?"

I shake my head.

"We graduated from a special training school. Our senses are more sensitive than others, so it can help us track down Night Stalkers. So we are the The Ascendant Ordor. While we have, Simon, the commandor, Caspian, and Caius are from The Sanctum Council, which is practically the same only they stay in the city and don't have those extra things."

Alright. That's understandable...

so the black haired guy is Caspian, and the ginger haired one is Caius? Alright, it shouldn't be too hard.

I nod in understanding as he's done speaking. However, I can't help but wonder why everyone was so shocked when those two guys were here? It's pretty clear that the Ascendant Order stands way higher than The Sanctum Council.

"May I ask... what is going on with all that?" My hand points in the direction of the trial room. "Oh that..." he smiles a bit nervously.

I take my energy and ask the question what I am longing for to know.

"What did I do?"