Lover ; Sendoh

This is an excerpt from a chapter of my fanfic for Sendoh. It's one of the most romantic scenes I've ever made, and I think it'll do an imagine scene with him justice. I just changed some lines and some scenes and I didn't include Sendoh's full confession (ofc the whole scene is in Beside You!!)

Happy reading!

(You can opt to listen to Taylor Swift's Lover while reading this to add more feels).

❄️

A few minutes of silence.

You and Sendoh were standing beside each other, you were staring far ahead and Sendoh has no idea what's going on in your mind.

Sendoh kept on staring at you as you hugged yourself because of the cold every now and then.

The two of you were celebrating Christmas Eve together, and the both of you decided to spend the remaining hours of the holiday season beside each other as the two of you stood before the city's big Christmas tree.

Is she thinking of going home already?

Sendoh thought, and he was taken aback from what you said next that it made emotions well up in him.

"Akira, I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you."

Ever since the two of you started dating, you called him Akira. You were the only one who did so.

"Why'd you say so?" Sendoh asked.

"Your face and you being the ace of a basketball team pretty much answers your question." You replied.

"I didn't mean it like that (name). I know there's something deeper in your mind. Let me listen to it."

"It's not that important...." You replied softly, hoping to cut the conversation short.

You've never had a deep and meaningful conversation with Sendoh like this before.
"Anything is fine, so please tell me everything on your mind." Sendoh assured you.

Heaving a long sigh, you let the words escape from your lips.

"All eyes are on you, Akira. Even athletes and students from other schools know you. Especially girls. They admire you. I just thought that even before I came along-- even before we're in this relationship everyone wants you, you know? And now I'm guessing almost everyone knows that Ryonan's ace is already taken."

"Ah."

"I just said things from my mind and all you can reply is a bleak ah."

"Well....."

"Eh?"

"Well..." You stammered, remembering the girl who just flirted with Sendoh during his last basketball training when you came to watch, "...I was just... There was just this girl who flirted with you during basketball practice..."

"That's why you're upset?" Sendoh asked, worried.

"I'm not upset, I'm just--- I'm your girlfriend, duh. If anyone were to flirt with you, it should be me. Only me." You stressed out the last two words, trying to be emphatic.

Sendoh cupped both of his hands on your cheeks and he pinched it, even kneading it in the process.

"Don't think about it that much!! Besides, I only have you in my heart!!" Sendoh exclaimed before adding:

"That girl's just a nobody anyway....""

"Akira......" You managed to say,

"Hm?"

"I think....any second now, my cheek's gonna sag and burst if you don't stop pinching them.... and it's painful...."

"Ah! Oh, sorry (name)!"

Freeing his grasp, Sendoh proceeded on massaging your cheeks, which now turned pinkish.

"You told me that you're suspicious that everyone who sees me wants me? I think the same, (name)."

"Oh?"

Sendoh nodded and he stopped cupping your cheeks.

"Listen, (name). Don't burden yourself by overthinking. Please don't have second thoughts about yourself---"

"I do not."

"You said so yourself, a lot of people know me. With that, now that we're in a relationship-- a lot of people are bound to know you too, they'll love to pry and learn all things about you. I should be the one who's wary since the basketball players I know don't have any girlfriends.... what if they take interest in you too?"

"Someone like me? Pfft....."

"Hmm..... You're (first name) (last name). What I see in you--- it's what draws me to you. And I won't replace anything for that."

"Like? What do you even see in me?" You asked Sendoh, questions arising every second.

"I know you always catch me in the act of always staring at you."

"Uh-huh."

"All I was really doing then was admiring your entirety. I want it all, and you might not know this before but right now I'm telling you that you always fill my mind, you're always in my mind and this is what lies in it:

I love your (eye color) eyes, how they sparkle when you tell me about the things you love.

I love it when your face lights up on the sight of the things you adore.

I love your voice, I love the way how you call me Akira.

I love your laugh.

Most of all, I love it when you smile.
I love everything you do and everything about you."

Sendoh's words rendered you speechless. As much as you tried to speak, no words dared to escape from your lips.

You were just standing there, staring right back at him as if the words he just uttered pierced her heart.

You like you about to cry.

extended

And you did.

Which gave Sendoh a mini-heart attack. He thought he did something wrong.

"Aahh (name). (NAME)!!! Is there something wrong? Did I say something bad? Don't cry!!!"

He said, trying desperately to find a hanky from his pocket to wipe your tears, which were now streaming down your cheek.

"I am not crying!!" You said between sniffles.

"Aw, c'mere...." He said, arms wide open.

You threw yourself in his arms, burying your head in the embrace as you inhale his scent.

"I love you too, okay?" You said softly and you heard Akira Sendoh's warm chuckle as he stroked your hair.

"I love you too, (name)."