𝒙𝒄𝒗𝒊. decisions made and regretted

CHAPTER NINETY-SIX: DECISIONS MADE AND REGRETTED !

12x12

⚠️ smut warning below!

━━━━━━

         CASEY HAD DECIDED TO GO INTO WORK WITHOUT SPENCER BECAUSE HE HAD TO GET HIS MOTHER ADJUSTED TO STAYING WITH CASSIE. She had taken the car since she knew Spencer wouldn't mind taking the Metro to work. She had currently been in the conference room alone since they had just gotten called in for a case.

"Hey!" Casey turns around and sees Tara greeted her with Luke and Stephen coming up behind her. "Welcome back, officially." Tara is the first to give the woman a hug. "Good to be back officially." She greets Luke with a hug next and JJ comes in as well as Emily and Rossi with Penelope trailing behind them.

           "Where's Spence?" JJ wonders, looking around the room to see the boy genius was nowhere to be found. "Oh, he had to make sure his mom was gonna adjust well with the new caretaker. He'll be a little late, but he'll be here." Casey told.

         Garcia takes a seat as well as the rest of the team and Casey keeps the seat beside her open for Spencer when he does come in. "Palm Springs, California. Playground to Hollywood, currently a horror scene. Enter one male torso, unidentifiable. If it wasn't for a woman who had some car trouble, no one would have ever even found the body. And the coroner on site said the dismemberment probably happened postmortem." Garcia explained.

       "Now, the 2004 torso murders here in DC are still unsolved." Emily told, walking towards the screens. "We profiled the unsub in that case, removed body parts as a forensic countermeasure to prevent IDing the victims. We figured he must have gotten locked up on another case." Rossi explained.

      "Now he may be back and taunting us. Any potential victims on the local missing persons lists?" JJ ask Garcia. "So far, there's been no reports of a missing male there in the last month." Garcia answered.

      "So, no missing persons and a chopped up body we can't identify. Is Robert Durst in town?" Tara questions and Casey looks over as she hears her husband respond and walk in the room. "Nope, he's serving seven years on a weapon charge. Sorry I'm late, guys." Spencer leans over to peck his wife on the lips before sitting down. "Traffic was bad."

     "Any ID on the torso victim?" Casey asks. "Uh, they don't have enough of him to do a query with the national missing and unidentified persons database." Garcia tells and Casey shrugs, "Yeah, makes sense."

     "He made a real effort to pull of permanent concealment." JJ tells. "Well, that could indicate a known link between the unsub and the victim." Tara figures. "Or he hoped to hide the fact that a killer had just arrived in town." Stephen adds.