𝒍𝒙𝒊𝒗. backup man

CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR: BACKUP MAN !

11x01

━━━━━━

EVERY TIME THEY GOT CLOSE, THEY WERE BACK RIGHT THEY STARTED. Another murder, another state, another murder, another state. This unsub had the team on their heels more often than not. And with two members out? This was hard.

Casey sat at her desk, developing her research of the crime scenes when she had seen Garcia and Hotch making their way up to the conference room. Casey looked over towards her fiancé, Spencer and the two exchanged a look and nodded, both heading up to the conference room themselves.

There, they were greeted with the rest of team entering. "Is it the same unsub?" Spencer asked as soon as he and Casey walked in. "Two kills on two coasts in two days." Morgan told. "This guy's on a mission." Casey comments. "And he's not gonna rest until he completes it." Morgan nodded.

"Then neither will we." Hotch tells and Garcia then speaks up, "But we're down three profilers." With Kate leaving, Vivian on a small sabbatical to see her son and JJ going on maternity leave after having her second born, Michael, it felt like the room was getting smaller and smaller. Hotch had been trying to get a new agent in the room but everyone was hesitant to let another person leave. And they could tell Hotch was, too.

"Our six brains against his one," Rossi tells. "My money's still on us." Casey nods along, "Damn straight." The team sits down in their seats. "Let's get to work." Hotch orders and the team does what they do best — debrief and get to work. The unsub had been killing his victims and using face paint to cover their faces. It reminded everyone of clowns, which left Casey a little unsettled with her fear of clowns.
After debriefing, Hotch told Morgan to figure out the MO, Rossi and Casey to stay on victimology and Reid to dig deeper into the ritual. Hotch had excused himself from the conference room and answered a phone call he received from Vivian, checking in.

A few months had passed since Kate had sent in her letter of resignation. Things were changing all around. Especially with JJ having another baby. Things were changing for Casey and Spencer, too. Casey was spending more time with her half-siblings as well as Lennox, who in all honesty, they didn't get to see that often since she was placed in yet another foster care home.

Casey knew that Lennox was going to go through a lot since nobody had hardly ever been in this girl's corner. Especially since her aunt up and abandoned her. And Lennox was an angsty twelve year old girl, could you blame her for acting the way she did? But it didn't help that Lennox often rebelled against her foster parents and was getting pushed away by them because she wouldn't open up to them. The only people that would be able to get her to open up had been Spencer and Casey. She has learned new things about them everyday. Like how Spencer loved reading and the wintertime and Halloween and how Casey joined the FBI when she was really young and how they both had a son named Christopher, who would be turning two very soon. And even when Lennox was being moved and rebelling against her new set of foster parents, Spencer and Casey never gave up on her and never lost contact with them.