𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. through the hourglass

CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE: THROUGH THE HOURGLASS !

11x17

━━━━━━

SPENCER REID STRAIGHTENED HIS TIE ONCE HE GOT OUT OF THE CAR AS HE MUTTERED HIS BEST MAN SPEECH UNDER HIS BREATH. Casey had unbuckled Christopher out of his car seat and noticed her husband's squirrelly behavior. He kept telling Casey that this speech had to be perfect for Morgan and Savannah's wedding.

"Babe, your speech is gonna turn out great. I need you to stop being so tense. It's gonna make Morgan tense and me tense and then Savannah tense." Casey had a speech of her own to deliver since Savannah also asked her to be the maid of honor but she hadn't stressed about it like Spencer had.

"I know, I know. I just want it to be perfect. I mean, how many times is Derek Morgan gonna get married?" He asked, a chuckle escaping from his lips as he spoke. "Hopefully, only once. Help me get my dress out of the car?" Casey asked as she opened up the trunk to the car. "Yeah, sure."

Casey had joined Savannah, Garcia and a couple of Savannah's own friends in her room as she settled into her wedding dress while Spencer had joined Morgan, Hotch and Rossi.

The ceremony was a success to say the least. Everyone had sat at their designated spots for the reception. Of course, Savannah and Morgan were in the middle of everyone at their own table. Spencer had delivered his speech and as Casey said, it was great. He talked about how he never saw the day coming and how he knew he was in love with Savannah. Casey was now up next and had gotten everyone's attention as she headed up to the stage.

Casey held up a microphone to her lips as she began to speak. "Hello, everyone! My name is Casey, I am the maid of honor, friend of the groom and best man's wife." Casey listed and everyone chuckled. "Before I was the maid of honor to Savannah or the best man's wife, I was Derek Morgan's friend."

"When I first met Derek, I thought of three words. Working. Wild. Womanizer. The three W's, if you will." The crowd chuckled as Casey chuckled herself. "Derek was a different person when I first met him. But over the years, I have seen him grow in many ways. The minute he started talking to us about Savannah, I have to admit, I had my doubts. Derek Morgan had never been the type of person to fall in love at first sight. I mean, look at him." Another chuckle came from the crowd and Morgan lifted his arms up in a 'what?' manner.

"He was always the third wheel so to put it when it came to my husband and I. Derek always made jokes about how we spent years pining over one another and not doing anything about it. So when months went by and he kept talking about the woman next door and she smelt like, what she did when she would talk about her favorite subjects, I was annoyed. He would not stop talking about her. So one day, I finally said something. I said, 'why don't you just ask her out already?' It was then that I figured out that I became the Morgan in his relationship. So... the very next day, he did, ask her out that is. And soon enough, Savannah was in our lives."