𝒍𝒊. a way of understanding

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE: A WAY OF UNDERSTANDING !

10x11

━━━━━━

        THINGS WERE STRANGE, TO SAY THE LEAST. Casey, being the nosy profiler she was, had noticed Hotch's smile growing day by day and how Vivian would always get his cup of coffee for him. Casey wasn't the only person that was suspicious of this. Kate was just as invested in this as well as Garcia.

        Morgan and Spencer had been there as well, but they were nearly as interested in this as the girl on the team were. "There is definitely something going on with them." Kate told as she watched Vivian head up the steps to Hotch's office. "Oh, yes, there is." Casey nodded. "The question is why aren't they saying anything to us?" Garcia asks.

          "Well, remember when you wanted our relationship to be secret because of how nosy we can all be? Like you're being right now?" Spencer stated and Casey glared up at her fiancé, as well as Garcia and Spencer, who looked away from his fiancée's scary look, realized that that sentence was a mistake coming out of his mouth. "I'm not nosy, I'm invested." Casey clarified.

         "Oh, so when I do it, it's called stalking but when you do it, it's called being invested." Garcia comments and Casey shakes her head in a joking manner.

          "So am I," Kate told. "How much you wanna bet that they're not gonna tell us?"
           "$20 says Vivian gives in and she tells us."
           Kate holds her hand out. "You've got yourself a deal, Willows." She says and Casey shakes her hand. "Pleasure doing business with ya, Callahan."

           The women then avert their attention to Rossi, who is pouring coffee into his mug. "Rossi," Casey called over. "You and Hotch are close, you know anything with this?" She motions over to Hotch's office and Rossi looks up and realizes what they're talking about.

"My lips are sealed." Rossi tells.

"What?" Kate asks and the woman look at one another as Rossi makes his way upstairs to the conference room. Garcia follows after him. "Rossi!"

Hotch and Vivian soon come out of the office and Hotch announces to the team that they have a case. Casey tells the rest that she'd meet them upstairs to the conference room and grabbed another cup of coffee.

She enters the room and sees that JJ had already been sitting up there, lost in thought. Casey had taken her seat in between JJ and Spencer and noticed JJ's bandaged hand. "Hey, what happened to your hand?" She asked.