𝒙𝒊𝒗. butterfly wings

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: BUTTERFLY WINGS !

━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS WAS HAVING A ROUGH DAY, SO TO PUT IT. Especially with it being her first day with crutches at work. She didn't bring her wheelchair for backup like she always did because she thought she wouldn't need the wheelchair... but turns out, she did.

       And that was proven when Casey had come up the stairs, very disheveled and she had dropped the paperwork she was holding in her free hand and groaned: "Son of a—"

       She hadn't noticed that Hotch's door was opened and had watched the whole scene unfold. He rushed over to the girl in front of his office. He knelt down, "Do you need help?"

       Casey slowly leaned down, "No, I'm fine." She spoke.
"Are you sure—?" Hotch questioned. "I said I'm fine." Casey snapped and sighed once she realized she had just shouted at her boss.

        Hotch didn't care, he had helped Casey anyways. He began to help the girl with the paperwork and then handed Casey the file. "Thanks." She stated and stood up and tried to carry on with the rest of her struggling day.

       The rest of the day was stressful. And Casey couldn't wait to go on home and lay down and pretend the day just didn't happen. Spencer had been waiting for the girl in the parking lot.

       She had been hobbling towards the elevator when someone stopped her. "Casey." Hotch had rushed over to the girl and Casey could already see where this was going and knew she was probably gonna get a lecture. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout or yell, but I'm just..."

       "Frustrated," Hotch stated. "I know." Casey looks down. Hotch knew that when Gideon and Reid were in crutches, they were frustrated. He couldn't imagine how Casey was feeling either. "When's your next physical therapy appointment?" He asked.

        "Uh, tomorrow." Casey told. Hotch thought for a second before deciding: "I'll pick you up." Casey furrowed her brows. "Are you sure?" She asked as she got into the elevator.

         Hotch nodded, "Yeah." He got into the elevator next. "I'll see you tomorrow at..."

        "Two."
        Hotch nodded, "Two."

━━━━━━

The next day for Casey already wasn't any better. As soon as she woke up, Spencer was out the door for work. He'd been doing that for the last few weeks and it was beginning to scare her. He wasn't eating, sleeping, he was mostly living off of coffee. She didn't know what happened, she thought that things were good. But he was growing distance. Like he was afraid of her.