Chap 8

I don't think I went to sleep. I believe it was more of a sudden pass out kind of thing. The point is after laying in blissful darkness, I was jolted back awake. Now I was in a car that was going definitely above the speed limit. That's when everything started to hit me. I remembered everything that had happened at the party, me being drunk out of my mind, me going down in the basement, the man, and Griffin. His presence had definitely calmed me down, and I was gonna blame that on the fact that he was basically the only person I knew there.

"How you feeling key?" Griffin questioned. I looked over at him, and just nodded. I didn't feel like talking. Griffin pursed his lips before directing his attention back to the road. "I'm gonna drop you to your house, alright. I believe you would like to see your family"

No, that is the exact opposite thing that I wanted to do. Going back home would just bring up so many of the memories that I had tried so hard to suppress. So I looked back over to Griffin and croaked out a small "No".

Griffin seemed unfazed, as he continued down the highway. "Okay, well I'm not leaving you alone in your dorm. The guys will definitely be at my dorm, and I don't think that's the vibe you need right now." 

I shook my head again "I'm not going home"

"Kiara, I have no idea what just happened, and I don't think now is a good time for us to talk. I think your mother would be the best at understanding the situation. Plus I don't think Lina's at your dorm right now, because I saw her go off with another guy."

I didn't want to talk anymore so I just stopped. I wasn't in the mood to argue with Griffin.

He pulled into the long driveway of the mansion, and turned off the ignition. I was no longer shaking, just staring straight ahead.

"Griffin," I mutter,

He looks over at me, concerned. "I'm not going in" I mumble.

He groans and scrubs his hand down his face. "Kiara, I can't just drop you at your dorm like this. Ten minutes ago, you looked like you were about to pass out because one of the guys went to take out their gun." He pauses and looks over at me. "You didn't even seem to recognize me, so get your ass up, and make your way into your home so we can talk to your mother"

I ball my fists and stare at him. The anger from tonight is still burning in me fiercely. Who does he think he is to have an opinion on my decisions. "You don't get to decide what to do for me" I say.

"I do when your life seems to be on the line"

"You don't know shit" I mumble.

"Yeah, that's why I brought you here, because I bet your mom does know"

I look over at him, my eyes swirling with anger. "Look here, buddy your going to drive me home, and LEAVE me there, because I am more than capable of taking care of myself. I just needed a minute to regroup, that did not mean YOU got to call the shots with my life asshole, so take me home before I gut you" I grit out. 

Griffin looks over expressionless, and then pulls out of the driveway. I sigh and turn towards the window. 

Who the hell does he think he is, being able to make claims on my decisions. I move my hands to my shoulder where a stinging has started, and that's when I realize that my shoulder has been wrapped. The bandage is bloody, and will clearly have to be changed soon, but the wound is probably not as deep as I thought it was.

After a while of silence, Griffin decides to break the peace. "Kiara, unfortunately I am your partner, and I think its only fair that I know what -"

"Shut up" I murmur,

"Key come on, I'm asking for both of our safeties"

"Don't care"

"Key -"

"No, you don't deserve to know shit about my life. There is nothing about my past that would threaten your precious safety. It was a mess up and will never happen again, does that satisfy you, fucking asshole"

All of a sudden Griffin pulls over onto the side of the highway, and faces towards me. His face is stone cold, but his eyes are swirling with anger.

"Kiara, you beating around the bush isn't going to solve any problems for us. So I'm warning you, if that shit happens again, I won't ask you what happened, I'll simply find out myself. I'm not going to put in danger this mission because of you" he spits out. 

I look ahead with an empty gaze. Whatever, it won't happen again anyway.

Around an hour later, Griffin pulls up to the front of my dorm, and I practically leap out of the car. Once I get to the door, I slam it behind me and lock it just as I see Griffin turning the corner.

"Key, really. That's pathetic"

"Fuck off. Thanks for getting home, now you can leave"

He lets out chuckle, "If you think I'm going to leave, you are quite mistaken."

I sigh but move away from the door and into my room. I could not care about Griffin, I just wanted him away from me so I could break down in peace. 

I walk into my bedroom, and take out a cozy sweatshirt and some sweatpants, before going into a shower. I just want to wash away all the memories. Turning on the shower, I scrub and scrub,  until I feel a sting. Then I scrub some more, wanting nothing more than to peel off every layer of my body. After five minutes I stop, and take a deep breath. Only then do I realize that there is a wetness rolling down my cheeks. 

I close the shower and wrap my towel around me, taking extra care to wipe the tears from my eyes. Pulling on my sweatshirt and sweatpants, I make my way outside towards the living room. The sudden breeze makes me shiver and turn towards the window, that is now wide open. 

I grab the loaded gun from the table and point it around the room, 

"Who's there"

"Key?" I hear from outside the door, where Griffin is still standing. Surveying the room, a flash of gold catches my eye. My eyes travel to the side table across from the window, and I let out a small gasp.

Running towards the door, I open it as fast as I can. Griffin tumbles back a little bit because he was leaning on it. 

"Jesus Key, warning next time would be nice."

"Griffin, your gonna want to see this"

Ok I'm sorry, I've been bad writer and haven't been updating frequently. I cant promise that i will in the future, but i am trying my best to get each part out. If you want to come back when this story is complete, I totally understand that.

Toodles