Chap 3

The rest of the car ride goes much more smoothly, with MINIMAL talking. We reach my dorm room and I start to open the door, "Need me to walk you up?" Griffin questions.

I cast him an annoyed look "Nope, I got it. Plus if I can take down man giant Griffin then I'm sure I can take down anyone who stops me"

"Wow you think of me so highly" Griffin sniggers. How does he always manage to gain the upper hand.

"Not what I meant" Before he can say anything else I walk out of the car and towards the door that leads to the commons.

"Text me once you get up" he yells.

"Yup, I promise I won't die" I smirk and walk off. God he pisses me off so much sometimes. He's a good mission partner but that's where it ends. I walk up the stairs, towards my dorm room. Digging through my pant pocket, I grab the key and slip it into the lock, opening the door and welcoming in the scent of the remnants of Lina's noodles. I send Griffin a quick text saying I've reached my dorm room safe and sound.

Trash Can: good, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

Me: yea, I'll send all the bed bugs to u

Trash Can: aww so much love

I'm about to put my phone to charge when it starts to ring. Annie's name flashes across the screen. Picking up the phone swiftly, I answer it before it wakes up Lina. I walk outside towards the door and away from the bedroom's.

"Annie, what are you doing up so late? Everything good?" I whisper

"Mom told me you came and you left without visiting me"

I groan, of course Mom told her. Mom has a tendency to act like Annie is her therapist, its just cause Annie listens and doesn't fully understand what's going on all the time. When Annie was born, mother tried to keep her away from the Crime Circle as much as possible. Down Syndrome and Crime Circle's don't really mix. So Annie lives under the impression that I go to college to study forensics and then I'm gonna help mom run our private agency.

"I'm sorry Annie, I really am but I had to go - it was getting late"

"That's what you said last time" Annie pouts. It has been a while since I've seen Annie. I don't like leaving her with mom for long periods of time but I've been busy. God, I need to stop making excuses all the time.

"Annieeeeee, I'm sorryyyyyy" She huffs on the other side of the line. "It's getting late bug, go to bed, don't you have school tomorrow"

"Why do you never come and visit anymore - I want you to come"

"Annie, I promise to see you this weekend okay,"

"If you miss it, I'll show up to your dorm and trash it" I laugh at this.

"Alright, Annie - go to bed"

"Goodnight" and the line clicks off. Finally putting my phone for charging, I jump into the shower to fully get rid of all this dirt that has gathered due to the mission. After my shower, I change into my comfiest PJs and flop on to my bed. Falling asleep almost immediately.

***

My alarm blares through the room, and I shoot up and off of my bed. "Lina get your ass up we got Calc". Lina groans from the other room, I change and grab my phone.

Trash Can: they're going to question all the girls in your dorm today, since the gun shots were near your dorm.

Trash Can: If you had used the silencer, this wouldn't have been a problem

Ugh, he's on my case in the morning, asshole.

Me: get your head out of your ass and look at the present not the past