Chapter Eighteen (part one)

"Timber!" a voice shouts next to me. I look to the side and see Darky floating in the air, her black hair flowing out.

"Where are we?" I ask.

She shakes her head, sending loose curls into the nothingness. "I don't know."

I look around. Below me is nothing. Above me, nothing. And all around me is nothing. Just white, black air.

"What happened to us?" I wonder aloud.

"Maybe we died?" Darky suggests.

I almost laugh, but I hold myself back. That could be true.

What if we died? What I am done with my life and everyone will never see me again. That would be a good explanation of why we are floating in an endless white void.

I look down at myself and I notice that my dirty, brown clothes have been wiped to nothing but a white shirt and black pants. There are no stains, rips or gashes, as there were before.

"I don't like this," Darky says, her voice quavering.

I nod slowly. "It's going to be okay."

Suddenly, a large gust of wind blows us up, or maybe down, I can't tell. We are flying through the void, towards nothing in particular. It starts to get a little colder.

This can't be good.

"Darky, Timber," a voice calls to us gently. "You are safe."

I sigh, feeling a little better. But I'm not sure if I can trust this voice.

A huge metal door suddenly flies into my view, and it opens with a loud banging noise. I can see a few dozen people standing at the edge of what looks like a cliff. They seem to wave at us, and I shyly wave back. Something pulls Darky and I us towards the door and we are placed gently just inside the door. The huge metal barrier closes behind us and a light flickers on.

We are standing in a large room that looks like a hangar. I identify the people who waved at us as workers because of their hard hats and reflective vests.

Where are we? I think, feeling very confused.

Next to me, Darky looks my direction with her black eyebrows raised. She must be thinking the same thing as I.

Okay people. I am going to publish this portion of the chapter because I know I haven't updated for a long time. I know that it is summer and I should have MORE time, but I don't, so I will publish this part and hopefully update later. Thank you for reading people. You all rock!