Chapter Thirteen

"Wait, what do you mean?" I ask Thunder.

"She was exiled," Thunder repeats.

I groan. "Why did that happen though?"

"Well, she was found working for the Float," Thunder explains. "She was reporting information to the people there, and betraying the Countless."

I gulp. That's exactly what I'm doing, except the other way around. I wonder if they'll exile me if they find out. I shudder at that thought.

"She was sent to go live in forest, and she was forced to take her son with her," the girl continues. "They've been there for a year or so."

That must mean that this rebellion has been going on for a while then.

"Do you guys.....help them?" I ask.

Maple snorts. "No way. That boy is stupider than a pine cone."

Thunder glares at her sternly. "Well, they don't really need any help. His mom is very resourceful."

Maple hides a snicker.

Just then, Lumination comes strolling over to us. "Are we going to have that meeting you talked to us about, Thunder?" He asks.

"What meeting?" I ask.

"You were sleeping," Thunder responds.

That makes sense. I had gone to sleep pretty quickly after we had our dinner. I was just tired from all the walking to and from the Dub.

"Yes, we are going to talk about that in a few minutes," Thunder says, turning to Lumination. "Gather everyone up."

In about five minutes, we are all seated in the boy bunks, Darky next to me. We are about thirty feet up in a pine tree, where the boys usually sleep.

"Today, we're going to talk about the Countless," Thunder announces.

I start swinging my legs as they dangle over the edge of the bunk. I hope this won't lead to me having to report something again, but it probably will. I sigh.

"The people from the Float have been planning a rebellion on the Countless for about a year now," she begins. "We have decided that we need to meet up with them."

"Wait so are we actually going to meet them? Darky asks, sounding excited.

I guess this means that she's going to meet her former city. I hope she's still my best friend after this...

"Yes, we are going to meet them," Thunder responds. "And we're going to bring Malone and her son with us."

Maple groans, but Thunder shoots a glare at her so harsh that it looks like her eyes are going to flame up.

It seems like maybe she and Cronas have some sort of connection, outside of the Float.

"But how are we going to get an entire city together?" Sage asks. "There's so many people there!"

"I know," Thunder says, nodding. "Were going to meet at the Dub."