Pomp and Circumstance

Start from the beginning

A few minutes later, I was in the mostly empty dorm room that belonged to Ruby's team and looked to my right to see Ruby happily pulling out a new cloak from her case. As she does so, Oscar entered the dorm room.

Oscar: "Hey, Ruby, Azure?" The two of us look at him.

Azure: "Hey Oscar, you need something?"

Oscar: "I was wondering... are you going to be carrying that with you to the mission?" He pointed at the lamp on Ruby's keychain.

Azure: "Oh, that's what you meant."

Ruby: "Yeah, probably shouldn't keep running around with an ancient Relic on a keychain... you know?" She handed the Relic of Knowledge to Oscar, who looks at it and then at Ruby.

Oscar: "But--"

Ruby: (smiling) "I know you'll keep it safe in Atlas."

Oscar: "...Ruby, Azure, we're hiding things from Ironwood. Doesn't that feel like what Ozpin did to us?"

While Oscar speaks, Ruby's smile turned into a frown. She turned her eyes away from him in silence. I just looked at the ground, but then looked at him.

Azure: "Don't worry, Oscar. When the time's right, we'll tell him the truth."

Oscar: "Yeah, you're right..." He then left the room. Me and Ruby felt bad, but it was necessary for now.

Azure: "On a more positive note, shall we get changed into our new outfits?"

Ruby: "Yeah! I wanna try it on right now, and also change up my hair as well." She twirled a bit of her hair around her finger.

Azure: "Same here." I ran a hand through my own hair, which was quite long for someone like me. "I'll go and change into my outfit back in my room. Be right back!"

I went back to my room and saw no one there. Several minutes later, I got changed into my new uniform, along with getting a new haircut. For me, my hair was cut shorter, but still being wavy, with two bangs covering the front of my forehead. I went back to see Ruby, and what I saw was beautiful. Ruby was in her new uniform and had a new hairstyle. I also saw that she was wearing the rose necklace that I got for her.

Azure: "Wow... You look beautiful, my Rose."

Ruby: (blushing) "T-Thanks. And you look handsome, Azure."

I walked over to her and grabbed her waist as she placed her hands around my neck. We leaned in and kissed for a good while until we heard someone clearing their throat. We separated from the kiss and we both saw that Vert was standing at the door entrance. He had his new outfit on and also trimmed the sides and back of his hair.

Vert: "Sorry to interrupt your make out session, but we need to get our things ready, Leader."

Azure: "Oh, yeah. Gotcha." I let go of Ruby. "I guess we'll see each other later on, Ruby."

Ruby: (nods) "We'll see each other, Azure."

I stepped out of the room and started walking down the hall next to Vert.

Azure: "Cool outfit, by the way."

Vert: "Thanks. Yours is also cool."

We made our way back to our dorm and spotted Nero waiting for us, although Rosa was not here yet. Suddenly, we heard footsteps coming towards us as the only female in our group showed up quickly.

Rosa: "Sorry I'm late, you guys! The girls were really busy with their new looks!" Besides her new outfit, everything about her, including her hair, stayed the same. Rosa then looked over and saw that Nero's black hair was now shorter, revealing his wolf ears. This made her gasp. "Nero! You cut your hair short?!"