I have never lied before, but the circumstances are different. She's on her death bed and I'm going to the pack house to get married to the alpha that's even older than her.

"Just some meat." She smiles and leans her head against the headboard.

I laugh a little while shaking my head. Some things aren't going to change. Before leaving the room, I pick up the bloody tissue papers from the side of the table and toss them into the bin. She hasn't stopped losing blood since she has been attacked by the vampire.

The bite's killing her.

I've to get the blood tonight and give it to her. I can't see her in misery and pain for another day, especially when I don't have to.

There's no option but to marry Alpha Gabriel.

I wave at her and she waves back. Stepping out of the house, I slip into my car and drive it to the pack house. It takes me twenty minutes and in those minutes, I think of slamming my car into another and delaying the wedding for as long as I can, but it also means quickening my mother's death.

What if she doesn't wake up tomorrow? I can't even think of it.

Once I reach the pack house, two female omegas take me into a room where they change me and slip on the white wedding dress that Alpha Gabriel has chosen for me. My curly hair falls over my shoulder, perfectly, but there's nothing fascinating about tonight.

I'm about to marry someone I don't even want to, someone I've seen as an elder, someone who's not my mate.

My heart breaks a little more and the pain becomes unbearable.

"After the ceremony, the alpha will expect you in his bedroom. The night will go on for long so he has requested for you to drink a little." One of the female omegas says as she pours a drink for me.

I shake my head, "I can't—I've to see my mother after it."

"I'm afraid that won't be possible." She picks up the drink and brings it to me.

I don't take it. I have to see my mother and give her the vampire blood before the night can end. I can't spend the entire night with the alpha.

My breaths race, "Can you please call the alpha?" I ask her.

She nods and sets the drink on the side before heading out of the room. My feet become sore as I continue to stand on four-inch heels, something I've never worn before. When I look at my reflection, I see a bride whose face is filled with fear of what's coming after the wedding.

I don't know anything about werewolf consummation, or the night I'm going to spend with Alpha Gabriel. My body quivers as I think of it—of the terrible things he's going to do to me and I've to do to him.

No.

My heart breaks even more and a few tears fall over my cheeks. I quickly wipe them away as I hear the door opening and Alpha Gabriel walking inside.

He's wearing a tuxedo, but it doesn't make him look better. He reaches closer and his lustful eyes rush over my body. They turn red for a split second before back to black. My heart accelerates as I see the hunger within them.

"You look beautiful," He grins, wickedly and I see the lust he has for me. "Is there something you wanted?"

"I need the vampire blood for my mother. She's not getting any better and I can't wait for another day. After the night, I've to go back to her—"

"You're going to do as I want you to, Aurora. You'll be spending the night with me. You can go give the blood the next morning." His hands circle around my hips and he pulls me closer.

I barely can stand on my feet and with his hands around me, I don't think so I can anymore. My knees weaken. Fear rushes within my body and stiffens every muscle and bone.

"Please," I beg. "I've to give her."

"No," He remains stern in his answer. His jaw tightens as he finds me struggling in his hold. I try to slip out of it, but he grabs me harder. "You'll do as I say so." The tone of his voice changes, becoming rough and throaty.

"I can't—"

His hand raises from my hip before his palm strikes my face. I gasp and nearly fall back onto the ground in shock. Every fiber in my body trembles as my hand rushes to my face, soothing my cheek. The pain comes quickly, it's like a hundred pins and needles have entered my skin—it's unexplainable, but far worse is what my body goes through as he hits me.

"You'll do as I say, Aurora. If I say you to bark, you're going to bark. Don't try to convince me again. I'll have you for the night as I want to and once the sun rises, you can give your dying mother the vampire blood I've in possession." He snaps at me before heading out of the room.

Once he leaves, I fall onto my knees and scramble over the ground. Tears spill from my eyes and drip over the white dress I'm wearing. Sobs rise in my throat as I continue to cup my face.

What am I doing to myself?

Read up to chapter 50 on Patreon or Inkitt. www.patreon.com/miakerr www.inkitt.com/miakerr