Chapter 31

Chapter 31

From the parted curtains, I see some light as the new day begins but the horrors of the night still haven't gone.

Zade tosses me onto the couch near the bed. I fall back on it and clutch the sides while he begins circling around me. My breaths come out quickly as I gather the scene in front of me.

The bed was covered in blood, mostly his blood but not all. There's some of mine on the sheets but his blood covers most of it. The wooden stake sits near to the pillow until he grabs it and brings it to me.

"You can't stab me. I will die." I tell him.

He chuckles at my protest and twirls the stake in his hand before coming behind me. My chest raises and drops as he lowers his head close to mine while the stake remains in his hand.

"I could stab you, then heal you. You'd feel most of the pain, wouldn't you?" It's not a question, it's a threat.

I mask my fear and smile. "It wouldn't be the same since I did stab you in the heart. You can't get anywhere close to mine because then I'd die. Not even your blood would heal me."

His face turns into a twisted frown as he comes in front of me. "I can get creative if I want to. Don't tempt me, Aurora." There's only bluff in his words and so in mine.

I shrug, "Go ahead. Give it your best shot. You won't really hurt me and we both know that."

A low growl escapes his mouth at my taunt. "You really are an insufferable woman, but I don't blame you. You weren't always like this," Pausing as he tosses the wooden stake back on the bed. "Were you?"

"No, not really, not until you bought me here," I tell him and it's part truth. I would've never stabbed anyone in their sleep. It wasn't me ever. I was a caring girl, willing to do anything for anyone.

Even I don't know what lengths I've gone to after stabbing Zade earlier.

He looks at me, really looks at me, his eyes searching my face for something. Whatever he's looking for, I'm sure he finds it as his mouth twists into a smile, one that terrifies me far more than his frown.

"That's alright," He leans closer to me and places his hand on the sides of the couch. "I would love to bear with this new you. There's nothing you can do that can make me turn away from you. Stab my heart and rip it, I'm still yours and you're mine. You're not going anywhere."

A shiver runs down my spine under his faze. I'm struck by his words, the sincerity in his voice. It's as if he's trying to imprint this truth deep into my soul—that no matter what I do, no matter how much I hurt him, he won't let me go. I am his. And he is mine.

"You're twisted."

He laughs and shakes his head. "Maybe. But isn't that what you like about me, Aurora?"

I scoff, "I don't like anything about you, Zade."

His smile widens, his hand reaching out to trace a finger down my cheek."Now, now, don't lie. We both know what happened just a few hours earlier. And I've already read your mind. I know just exactly how you feel for me."

"Hate." I hiss at him.

He grabs my neck and pushes me back on the couch while standing up straight. "I should mark you right now, right here, take away every hope you've of leaving from here, of all the stupid little escape plans you're trying to form in your mind," He moves behind me and lowers his head again. I'm trapped in his hold. "No one would be able to take you away from me. Everywhere you'd go, your scent would tell all that I had claimed you, that you belong to me. Even if you managed to get away from me, you'd be bought back straight to me. Every single time."

"Why don't you?" I ask him, urge him but there's something else in his eyes. Other intentions. I've seen it before. It's not the first time nor the last. "You can't mark me, Zade. Because there's something that just terrifies you about it."

His eyes bore into mine, hardened yet I catch a glimpse of something deeper, a vulnerability he tries to hide. Suddenly, his grip loosens and he stands straight, looming over me.

I stand up from the couch and watch him as he circles, trying to brush away whatever he's hiding from me.

A smile falls over my mouth at his hesitation. It's so clear, anyone can see it. "It's a pity you can't do anything at all."

His gaze snaps to mine. "I can do plenty."

"No, you can't." I don't push him with my words, I simply tell him the facts.

For a moment, he stands frozen, his eyes locked on mine and his mouth set in a firm line. Then, his hand wraps around my throat and he's suddenly there in front of me, holding me firmly in place as he pushes me back until I hit the wall.

"You seem to have forgotten who's in control here." He whispers, sounding threatened by me, by the possibility that I can see through him and whatever mask he's wearing.

"Remind me." I challenge.

His eyes narrow and without a warning, he captures my lips. His hand tightens around the nape of my neck, pulling me closer as his lips become demanding, his tongue seeking entrance. I open my mouth, granting him the access he seeks. A cry flees my throat and my pulse races.

My fingers entwine in his hair, pulling him closer. Breathless gasps. His teeth graze my bottom lip and the kiss becomes deeper. Taste of danger, taste of desire. My lower belly coils while he swallows the whimper leaving my throat. I arch my body against his as reality blurs.

He pulls away and turns me around. My chest presses against the wall, hands flattening inches away from my shoulders. He tucks my hair to one side, exposing my neck to his mouth.

"I can do whatever I want to do, Aurora. And you won't be able to stop me," His hand trails down my side, pulling up the coat till his hand reaches my ass. "Do you have any idea what you do to me?" His breath tickles the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

My eyes press shut as his hand moves higher, leaving a trail of fire on my skin. I gasp as his thumb brushes over the sensitive flesh of my inner thigh.

"I'm not done with you yet."

Read the full book Patreon, or on my Inkitt Subscription.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions