CHAPTER 48

Darshan was walking on the road looking at the ring which he was about to gift her on her birthday. He was blank. He was Just thinking about Anjali when he spotted a cute puppy struggling in mid of the road. He saw a car coming towards that puppy. He immediately went, hold the puppy and pushed himself a bit and was safe. He was sitting on the road. He was looking at the puppy.

D - kya yrr ise kisne yha chhod diya

He started looking around and realised he is in middle of the road. He crossed the road and left the puppy. He then noticed that he hadn't the ring with him. He started searching his pocket but didn't find. He then remembered something and looked at the middle of the road and spotted the ring. He immediately went there and took the ring. He smiled and kissed the ring when he heard a horn. He immediately turned right and boom.

He was lying on the road now surrounded by blood. He was frequently closing and opening his eyes. He was continuously taking her name. He was then taken to hospital and the nurse there as per instructions called at the last number. It was of Anjali. But she wasn't picking the call. Then nurse called the second last number and it was of Armaan and he picked.

AM - hello Darshan
Nurse - Sir I am a nurse speaking from city hospital.
AM - City Hospital?
Nurse - Yes sir...ye jinka bhi number hai unka accident hua h and he is right now here

They heard a sound. They looked in its direction and saw Anjali. He was in living room with Ritu so his phone was on speaker. Anjali was coming out of her room so she heard everything. They saw her phone on the floor.

AM - ok I am coming. Give me the details

The nurse told him the details. He cut the phone and was about to say something when Anjali ran towards the main door.

AM - Anjali

She ran to the lift. Armaan and Ritu too followed her. She was crying. All went down and Anjali sat on the driver seat.

AM - Anjali tum rehne do...m drive krta hoon

She said nothing but started the car.

AM - ok wait we are coming

They all settled in the car. She was driving fast.

R - Anu sambhal ke... accident ho jaayega

But she didn't listen. She started driving faster. They all arrived the hospital. She ran to the told OT and stopped at the door. The lights were on and surgery was going on. The lights went off and the doctor came. All ran to him.

AM - Doctor how is he
Dr - kya aap hi Armaan h
AM - Yes Doctor
Dr - He is alright but ye Anjali kon hai...woh baar baar yhi naam liye jaa rha h

Both Ritu and Armaan looked at her. She was just looking at the Doctor with red eyes and tears still rolling down her cheeks.

AM - Can we meet him
Dr - yeah sure but abhi tak woh hosh mein nhi aaye hai...when he gains consciousness, you can meet him
AM - ok thank you Doctor

The doctor went. Anjali was going to open the door when Ritu held her hand.

R - Anu ruk jaa..woh abhi hosh mein nhi aaya h

She (Anjali) looked at her (Ritu) widening her eyes.

AM - Ritu chhodo use

She left her hand. Anjali went inside and saw Darshan. She got more hurt. She sat on the stool near the bed and held his hand.

A - Darsh...

And she bursted crying.

A - How can you do this...why did you do this...I am sorry Darsh am sorry...meri wajah se tumhari ye halat Hui h...Darsh open your eyes pls...I know..I know you love me...now open your eyes please...Darsh I love you

She was saying when his fingers started moving. She noticed his fingers. She was looking at it when the monitor started beeping. His fingers started moving fast.

She got panicked and started yelling - Doctor...Doctor
The nurse came inside and said - ye kya hua
A - aa..aap doctor ko bulaiye please..jitni jaldi ho sake

The doctor came and checked him.

Dr - ye kya ho rha h
A - kya hua Doctor
Dr - ye ab tak toh thik the par abhi achanak se inki heart beat slow ho rhi h..aur agar aisa hi chlta rha toh...
A - toh Do something na..Maan Ritz...bolo na inko kuch krne
AM - shaant shaant they are seeing
A - are aise kaise shant ho jau

His hand was still in hers. Suddenly his fingers stopped moving. She got scared and looked at his fingers then looked at the monitor which was showing straight lines now. Her heart dropped.