15

As the first rays of the rising sun painted the horizon with hues of pink and gold, a beautiful Moroccan morning began to unfold. The air carried the scent of fresh jasmine and orange blossoms, intermingling with the earthy aroma of brewed coffee. The sounds of the bustling city were still hushed, as if the world itself was savoring the tranquility of the early hour.
The narrow, winding streets of the ancient medina came alive with soft footsteps as merchants began to set up their vibrant market stalls. Richly colored textiles adorned the walls, while pottery and delicate ceramics glistened under the soft light. The rhythmic clinking of tea glasses being prepared, accompanied by the gentle melody of Arabic music, created an enchanting symphony that celebrated the dawn.
As the sun ascended, casting its warm embrace over the city, the rooftops of the traditional riads beckoned the residents to bask in the beauty of the day. There, among intricately carved wooden balconies and blooming rooftop gardens, the soft sound of laughter and chatter could be heard, signifying the beginning of a new day filled with possibilities.
In the heart of the city, the grand mosque stood with its towering minaret, a beacon of spiritual significance. Its call to prayer echoed through the narrow alleys, marking the time as people paused to pray and reflect, their faces turned towards the heavens.
The air was cool and invigorating, inviting locals and visitors alike to wander through the labyrinthine streets and explore the hidden treasures of the medina. Shops offering traditional spices, silver jewelry, and handcrafted leather goods opened their doors, revealing their enticing wares.
Beyond the ancient walls of the medina, the vibrant colors of the surrounding landscape came to life. Verdant palm groves and lush gardens provided a striking contrast to the arid desert beyond. The Atlas Mountains loomed majestically in the distance, their peaks often dusted with snow even in the warmth of the morning sun.
In the heart of the city's squares, such as Djemaa el-Fna, the bustling energy grew with the arrival of street performers, storytellers, and snake charmers. Here, the day unfolded like a living tapestry, with each thread contributing to the richness of Moroccan culture and tradition.
As the beautiful Moroccan morning continued to unfold, locals and travelers alike were drawn together by the promise of a new day filled with discovery, connection, and the timeless allure of this captivating country. The enchantment of the morning would linger throughout the day, leaving an indelible mark on the hearts of those fortunate enough to witness its beauty. The once vibrant and lively spirit of Rahmi had retreated into the shadows, leaving him trapped in the suffocating embrace of depression. The room that was once filled with laughter and joy now felt like a cavern of emptiness as he lay still, motionless in his bed. Handu, the love of his life, had left him, taking with her the light that had illuminated his world.
Each passing day seemed to stretch into an eternity, and Rahmi found himself unable to muster the strength to even step out of bed. The weight of his heartache bore down heavily, and the simplest tasks became insurmountable obstacles. The world outside seemed distant and uncaring, leaving him feeling isolated in his sorrow.
The echoes of their laughter and shared dreams haunted his thoughts, deepening the void left behind by her absence. He replayed their memories like a broken record, unable to escape the pain of her departure. The comfort of sleep evaded him, as his mind churned with thoughts of what he could have done differently, desperate for answers that seemed elusive.
His friends reached out, trying to pull him back into the embrace of life, but the dark clouds of depression seemed to repel their efforts. Each day, they would visit, gently coaxing him to eat, to talk, to share his pain. Yet, Rahmi felt like an empty vessel, drained of all emotion except the overpowering sense of loss.
The room he once shared with Handu had become a bittersweet sanctuary, where the remnants of their life together lingered like a ghostly presence. Her favorite books still rested on the shelves, and the faint scent of her perfume clung to the fabric of the bedsheets. These fragments of her only intensified his grief, as if they were cruel reminders of what he had lost.
But as the days wore on, Rahmi's friends refused to give up on him. They persisted, patiently and compassionately, offering their unwavering support and understanding. Slowly, their presence began to chip away at the walls he had built around his heart.
In the midst of his darkness, a faint glimmer of hope started to emerge. He realized that he wasn't alone, that there were people who cared deeply about him, even if Handu was no longer by his side. And though the road to healing would be long and arduous, he began to find strength in the love and friendship that surrounded him.
As Rahmi took his first tentative steps toward recovery, he knew that his heart would forever carry the scars of losing Handu. But he also understood that life was a journey of both joy and sorrow, and he was not defined solely by the pain he experienced. One day, he would find the courage to face the world again, to honor the love they once shared, and to forge a new path that embraced both his joys and his sorrows. And in that realization, the glimmer of hope grew brighter, a small beacon leading him out of the darkness and back into the light. In that light stood Dimitri. He was the one leading the charge to bring happiness into Rahmi's life.
"And just like that she is gone. Out of my life forever. Where the fuck did she go? Why would she leave?" Rahmi cried.
"She is unworthy of your love."
"Don't say that."
"It is true. Her vessel was not ready for your love."
"I felt such a connection, maybe I should go talk to drake. Maybe he knows where she might be."
"I have already talked to Drake and he doesn't know where she is."
"So, that's it. She is gone forever."
"Well, not forever. We can find her again." Dimitri reassured Rahmi.
"Find her again? we barely found her this time. This is the first time that we have found her since she was taken from me."
"But if we found her once we can find her again."
"We got lucky because she was so close to where we were. "
"We could travel the world together and never find her."
"As long as I am with you I am happy. So I will do whatever it takes to make you happy, Rahm."
"You would give up the foreseeable future to travel the world with me." Rahmi said as he lifted his head from its hung position to meet his best friend's eyes.
"Of course, I would. I will do anything for you Rahmi. I love you."
"I love you too man, you have always been there for me since the beginning."
Dimitri placed his hand on the chin of Rahmi who was sitting on the edge of the bed. "And I will be there all the way until the end. You and me forever."