𝐼𝑋. "Head or Heart?"

You saw the bronze skin coming out, along with all those scars which adorned his powerful pecs...you had never seen anything so stately before and even with an arm missing, that man was simply perfect.

Guts stared at you intently with his black eye, still holding you by the wrists and although you wanted to free yourself from his grip, your strength didn't prevent you. Was this his way, keeping you in that position the whole time?

«All this doesn't make sense. You're wasting your time.» You said after realizing that he wasn't affected by any armor curses, but his manners continued to be strange; noticing your carelessness of his actions, the warrior didn't think twice about throwing himself towards you and you moved your face when saw his too close.

Of course, you were careful not to get another kiss by accident.

«Is this nothing to you?» Guts said lowly against your ear, so his voice could vibrate inside your blood «You'll make things easier for me then.»

Without saying anything else, he aimed for your neck to take a bite out of it, letting a cry out of your mouth; he sucked around the wound, forcing you to throw your head back and with your eyes closed.

You wanted to speak, but your voice couldn't come out of your throat. Guts watched you carefully as you trembled for the first time beneath him, making his blood boil even more with excitement.

Suddenly, a spittle reached his face. You expected him to get angry and hit you, but he just stared with an expression that would scare any other girl, but not you...

You weren't either anyway.

«I-I'm not your whore.» You stated as if nothing had happened, but the more you squirmed, the more Guts imprisoned you in his clutches and was determined to not let you go under any circumstances.

«Let me go now—!»

As you said that, his mouth latched onto yours with such ferocity, like a hungry beast; his roughness was so much that after a while, you tasted the blood in the kiss.

«...I already let you go.» The warrior was the first to speak in a breathless voice, but still with lips attached to yours «And I won't do that the second time.»

You couldn't understand what the hell he was talking about, or why he was so motivated to keep you with him...until the taste on your lips got stronger, as the bite on your neck throbbed, claiming its master's fangs.

«Why...» You whispered with your gaze fixed on the ceiling, now in a resigned tone «You can have whoever you want...why me?»

Guts just let out a soft grumble, before going back to breathing on your skin, not even him knew why, but after the latest events - and what he had experienced in the past, he understood that he couldn't continue his path alone, that he needed someone by his side...

That he needed you.

«Because when there’s two, my blade grows heavy. I want to protect what I care most and I want to protect you, Y/n...»

His words left a void in you, as if you had never truly understood this man...and the idea he had feelings for you opened your eyes to another world.

«This...this means you care about me? Bullshit.» You grimaced, taking what he was saying as a joke, but Guts was way too serious and to prove it to you, he kissed you once more, this time more gently than before.

«You can kill me, if you believe otherwise.»

He simply replied. You let yourself be carried away by his lips, placing your hands on his enormous shoulders to feel that sensation deep in your gut; his tongue was long and warm, but it didn't disgust you, on the contrary you tried to do the same with yours. Now that you were calmer, you didn't even think about killing him, falling into pleasure instead.