𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼. "Sick Attraction"

The knife flew into the air, grabbing it with a simple wave of your hand and after having swung it a hundred times between the fingers. There, Puck's blue eyes sparkled at the sight of that and at your sheer concentration.

It had been two days since that and other than a few nods, you and Guts hadn't exchanged words; meanwhile, you had regained your dexterity, although your muscles had softened from lack of training.

«Dammit, I can't fight like this.»

By now, just a sword and good armor was left for you to find; but first of all, you had to find a place and that meant going back to the city. So after you ate your last bite, you got what you needed to prepare for your next journey.

«Where you think you're going?»

It seemed like an easy thing, instead you collided with the dark figure of Guts leaning right at the entrance to the cave.

«After three days of silence?» You found his question unpleasant and glanced at him sideways «Nice of you to ask.»

«You'll kill yourself if you walk through the woods like this.» Guts shook his head at your arrogant and boring attitude, however he looked at you with a mild gaze «You're not healed yet.»

On the contrary, you felt fully fit and ready to fight, but this man was willing to do anything to keep you stuck there...he wouldn't have let you go if you hadn't agreed to let his shadow follow you.

«Guts is right Y/n, even though your wounds have healed you are still mentally affected by that has happened...what if you need help and we're not there?!»

Of course, also the little elf didn't think at all of abandoning you, after all you had to thank his magic if you were still alive. But for you, the further effort was with the swordsman and you couldn't believe you let his lips...

«Okay I get it! You can come with me.» You shook your hand in front of your face to stop your thoughts «But, don't you dare slow me down...»

Well, that was what Guts thought about you, since he was babysitting you for all this time. Anyway, when you left to reach Falconia again, a sudden breeze enveloped you when the forest disappeared, giving way to immense and wonderful green hills.

«And to think I was about to die there, not too long ago...»

You didn't realize you said that aloud, because Guts stared at you the entire time; he watched the movement of your hair, a little longer than the first time, against your neck and your half-closed eyelashes from the sunlight, as if there was nothing else.

«It's beautiful, right?» Puck meddled in his thoughts after catching the man so busy in that view. In that moment, Guts thought he didn't want to lose it for the second time and when you turned in his direction, you wondered why he was standing there like an idiot...

«Let's move before it gets dark.» His voice said before retracing his steps, but without really losing sight of you. You followed him without saying anything, until you had a complaint about Puck.

«Why are you laughing so much now?» You asked and the elf couldn't stop smiling with his red cheeks, as he thought over what he had seen.

«Hehe, nothing.» That's what he replied. But you were sure he was up to something.

• • •

You wanted to kill him. Soon, Guts' iron arm moved in front of you to prevent you from hitting the merchant, not really honest with the wares he was selling.

«Just a fool would believe an imposter like him! Fucking asshole.» You yelled as you walked away at a rapid pace; due to this, people were staring and muttering unkind words, but looked away when they saw the scary figure of the black swordsman next to you.