𝑋𝐼𝑉. "Entropy"

It had started to rain. Since you were in Falconia, the sky had never become as dark as that day and also the thunder was almost scary for some.

While you were preparing to light the fireplace, Noelia looked at the bad weather with anything but calm expression, as if she was preparing for the worst.

«Are you scared of a little rain?» You said on your knees and with black powder on your hands, but obviously noticing your friend's suspicious behavior «It's always like this. When it rains hard, it means it will stop sooner than expected.»

«Not this time.» You turned at the sound of her voice, rarely serious «When it rains on Falconia, it means something is about to happen.»

You didn't usually believe in prejudices, especially popular ones that didn't know; you put aside the wood wasn't needed and stood up to listen the roar of the rain, on the roof of the tavern...for a long time, the rain had been your faithful ally during the fighting, cleaning you from the enemy's blood and to escape from the predators of the forest, that's why you considered it pleasant to listen.

But lately, you had found something else enjoyable and when you saw his figure appear in the hall, you couldn't keep the blush from your face. Guts had returned after his usual patrols around the city and with him, there was a child scared of the rain.

Noelia welcomed him inside tenderly, willing to give him a change of clothes. In the meantime, you noticed the water still dripping from the man's anthracite armor and with a cloth, you prepared to dry it.

«You'll end up rusting it like this.» You sighed with your mouth open to accentuate your disagreement about the state of his equipment «You could have stayed inside for today...what the hell are you doing out there?»

Guts smiled at your questions as he let you dry his cold, exposed arms, your way of worrying was funny sometimes.

«Things. Anyway, that kid would have caught pneumonia if he hadn't crossed my path.»

Honestly, you were surprised he did that and as creepy as he was, it was hard to see kids get close to him.

«Even with that frown, you would be a good father to your child.»

You joked there, but Guts didn't do the same and just stared at you with an intense expression; what you said affected him deeply, but there was no point in showing his feelings about it, if he would never have children of his own in the future.

«I'm not interested in a child. I don't need it.» Talking badly about it was the best thing to do and honestly, the same thing was true for you; a child would have been a burden, especially for you who weren't like other women.

«...same goes for me.»

Guts noticed your gaze lost elsewhere, but he ignored it. You were important to him and the last thing he wanted, was disappointing you for what he couldn't give you.

• • •

Thanks to the rain, the tavern was full of visitors. As always, you helped Noelia with the orders in your best way, until something unusual happened...you were more tired than usual and although you weren't sick, you felt nauseated.

«You should drink something.» The redhead was sympathetic to you and handed you a glass of cold water, thinking the problem was poor hydration...

But when you took the first sip, you suddenly threw it up.

«Y-you're not well Y/n, better go and rest a little!» You didn't understand why you were doing this and when you recovered, you kept to act as if nothing had happened, under the eyes of your bewildered friend.