X- Box of Secrets

Lucca

LILIES...

I woke up to the scent of lilies striking my nose. I stood up and the first thing that came to my head was her.

Silvia...

What actually happened with her? How did she end up here if her father had sent her away? Why did he send her away in the first place? Why did Mardoff hide her away from all the families?

I wanted answers to all the questions arising in my head. I stood up and took a shower. I wore a black cotton shirt and black dress pants along with my black coat. I left the first few buttons of my shirt open and locked my Rolex over my wrist. After finishing up the outfit with my black shoes, I left my room. I left my wet hair messy, letting them air dry.

I climbed down the stairs and entered my kitchen. Maria and two other servants were working in the kitchen while Silvia sat at one of the stools near the kitchen island, talking to one of the women. She was giggling at someone while hiding her mouth chewing her breakfast.

It was the first time I saw her laugh. My heart took a leap, a big one. I wanted to keep that laugh on her face forever.

Stop it, Lucca! You are supposed to hate her. She is the daughter of that motherfucker!

I walked towards the island and took the stool beside her. As soon as she got aware of my presence, her mouth turned into a frown. Maria put a plate in front of me with my breakfast. I started eating it while scrolling through my emails. I had a few meetings today and a visit to one of our warehouses.

After that, I had, or should I say, we had dinner with papa in the evening. I finished my dinner before standing up from the stool. I drank the left out drops of my juice before speaking.
"We have dinner tonight. My father is joining us. Be ready by 7." I told Silvia. She stared at me for a few minutes before opening her mouth.

"Who do you think you are?" She glared, turning her cheeks and nose red.

Oh this woman! I don't know if I want her to stop doing that or not. Her face like this created so many evil images inside my brain where I did things to her and those imaginations ended with her screaming my name.

I pushed those thoughts aside and said, "your husband." When she looked back to her food without saying anything, I smirked. I knew how to push people's buttons. It's easy to find their weakness and use it against them. All they need to do is show me even a bit of emotion. Joy. Sorrow. Anger. Jealousy. Anything.

I walked out of the kitchen and out of the front door. Now that I didn't have Matt and Drago by my side, things had to change. Matt was in-charge of almost all my meetings and visits, while Drago took care of my men, weapons and security. I needed to replace my men and build everything from the beginning. Matt and Drago knew most of the things I dealt with on the regular basis and even though they have accomplished what they wanted to do, I still can't trust them.

I cannot turn my back towards the issue they created and start working as if nothing happened. Things needed to change. My office, warehouse locations, documents, and my men, everything needed to change.

I dialed Marco and he answered after two rings, "yes boss"
"Arrange a meeting with our men at the main warehouse. We need to talk"