III-It Was All True

SILVIA

I COULDN'T BELIEVE what I had just accepted. Marriage is a turning point in your life. Every human being imagines the day of their wedding once in a lifetime. My mother always used to talk about how she could have had a beautiful married life if that demon hadn't existed. Sleeping with Satan was the second mistake of her life, giving birth to me leading at the top, according to her. Having me was the last thing she wanted in her life.

"You should hurry up before they barge through these doors," Laura warned me before going through the dresses, checking each one of them. I stood up and took out a random dress from the stand without even looking at it. I removed it from the hanger and opened the zip. Laura came to help me get in the dress while Gina just stared at me, trying to process what I was doing. The dress looked expensive and smelled like good quality stuff. I shimmied into it, putting my legs first. As soon as I pulled it upwards, it got stuck around my hips.

I had a thin body since childhood. One could easily count my ribs when I lay down. But my breasts and butt defied my other body parts, becoming larger than most teenagers. They were not so big but they didn't match the same ratio as my whole body. During my teenage years, children used to call me H-O-E (I hate to pronounce that word) because of my disfigured body. Anything could easily fit me if it was small, but it used to get stuck as soon as it reached my chest or hips. And if it was big, then it became oversized clothing. Anything I wore was either tight towards my chest and hips or loose towards my whole body. That's why I prefer wearing oversized clothes so that there won't be any problem regarding the fitting of clothes.

I got out of the first one and took another dress to try on. It didn't fit me either. I even broke the zip while pulling it up to my waist. These dresses were too small to even fit me. I assumed they just guessed my size by looking at my body. I didn't care if the dress fit me properly or not. I just wanted to be able to get inside of at least one of them without tearing it or breaking anything on it. I tried a few more before I finally found a dress that I could fit inside. It didn't exactly fit me but it was fine. It was a creamy satin dress with a cowl neck at the front and strips to tie up at the back. It didn't have any kind of zipper so it easily fit my whole body. The fabric was smooth and soft to my sore skin. Gina asked me to remove my bra as it was backless and Laura tied up the dress strips from behind after I took the bra off.

I walked to the dressing table and looked at myself. My hair was almost dry by then and my nail paint shone brightly under the sunlight. The dress looked beautiful on me. It was so long that its end met the ground and the train was messed up under my feet. Gina brought a few pairs of heels from the shoe rack and asked me to try them on. Most of them fit me easily which confirmed that they at least checked the number of my shoes. But none of them were comfortable enough to walk. Finally, I chose the one with the least elevation and tried to walk in them. It didn't help much since they weren't as uncomfortable as I expected them to be.

I sat back in my seat and Gina started applying makeup to my face and neck. Laura curled my hair and made a beautifully messy bun out of them. She then put a few small white lilies on my bun and went behind the stands. Gina completed my whole makeup. She had applied copper eyeshadow on the outer side of my lids while silver shimmered on the inside. She drew a thick liner and applied mascara as I declined to wear fake eyelashes. I never really liked them. She said she didn't have to make my eyebrows as they were already perfect according to her. My contour was remarkable and my face looked pretty that I almost couldn't recognise myself. She added a bit of beige blush to my cheekbones. After that, She asked me to wear nude lipstick and I applied it myself.

Once she was done, she opened a few drawers of the dressing table until she found what she was looking for. She took out a few velvet boxes and opened them in front of me. All of them had beautiful and expensive jewellery to wear. Diamond earrings with matching necklace, platinum bracelet and so many different things. I just took out the smallest pair of earrings and wore them.
"That's it?" She asked. I just nodded before Laura came back with white net fabric in her hand. It had a lace pattern at the end.